“Dogs were a bit tasteless”

Coney Island Drive-Inn
Ranked #2 of 134 Restaurants in Brooksville
Cuisines: American
Description: Cool little place serving Great Hot, Dogs, Fries, Drinks, Shakes, Wing,and so much more. A local landmark that is filled with cool memorabilia, and dont' forget Elvis ate here!
Reviewed December 4, 2013

On my way through Brooksville, and just felt like a hot dog. Stopped (parking really a problem), and went in. Orded two foot longs. Not bad, but not what one would expect from a place that makes a living selling hot dogs. It could be that those that frequent the place have figured that out, as I noticed there were several hamburgers sold while I was there. Place seems to always crowded, so they're doing something right!

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Just not coney island style dogs. More like retreaded tires with mushy buns. And the rest of the food is not great. If you like scrambled beef get there burger cuz that is how it comes, like sloppy joe without the joe

1  Thank Zman5750
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We saw a billboard on 1-75 for this place and decided to give it a try. We are from Michigan, so we know good coneys. We haven't had any luck finding good ones in Florida. We hit the jackpot! The décor is old school, right out of a 50's diner. The staff was wonderful. We had footlong coneys that would rival any we have in Michigan. They also had the best fried pickles I have ever had! The breading was outstanding and it didn't slip off of the pickle when you ate it. I can't wait to visit again in a few weeks on our way to Pennsacola. I feel like I found a hidden treasure!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Footlong hot dog is legendary. Great place for a casual meal. We had our all-star baseball fundraiser here and the folks were very accommodating and the food was scrumptious. Recommended for parties as there is plenty of parking. Such a landmark in the city of Brooksville.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Coney Island has been in Brooksville forever, since the Sixties I think. Their Coney sauce Foot Longs are fantastic!! Those shoestring fries are right up there too. Try the Blackened Garlic wings, Great!