“Pure Golf”

World Woods Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Golf club offers two Tom Fazio-designed 18-hole courses: Pine Barrens and Rolling Oaks.
Ocala, Florida
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Pure Golf”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

If you are interested in pure golf and not concerned with clubhouses and restaurants, this is the place for you. It has it all, tree lined fairways, challenging bunkers, fast and furious greens with breaks and breaks on breaks. The fairways were in excellent condition as were the greens. Visually a great course with elevation changes on a number of holes. We played Rolling Oaks. The small grill serves a simple menu. Our hot dog lunch was included in our package for $34, and was delivered to us on the course. Unique service! Also a beverage cart was available and frequent. There were 12 of us and the staff was very accommodating.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Daddstein

Brooksville, Florida
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Two courses and an Executive all excellent”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have played both 18 hole courses at word Woods about a year ago. They were in excellent shape and quite challenging. As a 23 handicap I played the white tees and pretty much played my regular score. I can only recommend the Executive by way of comments of others - very nice and good practice.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Hank S
spring hill
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Over rated just above average”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The central west area of Florida has many o.k. Golf courses. World Woods seems to always have good rating's on the chart's but I have been there many times. The track is nice and it can be a challenge from the tip's but if you are looking for a real championship feel there are better. The staff for the most part is hot and cold one day friendly the next no too friendly. Don't get me wrong it is a nice course but not one I would travel and pay the price to play. There is a course in Brooksville that is private called Southern Hills Plantation on us 41 which I find to be the closest course around to a PGA level. Designed by Pete Dye you will get a hand full for sure. That great drive 300 yds down the middle looks great from the T but player beware lol. Yes they are private but super nice and usually will let you play if you just simply ask. They accept the exec card and have special's now and then. A must see if you love Golf and want a challenge. Then there is a course across the street called Hernando Oaks which to me is just as nice as world woods when it is not soaked from rain. If you are coming to the area just to play Golf and stay in hotel and need a third course to play within ten minutes of the other's I would have to choose Silverthorn country club located in Spring Hill two turn's and ten minutes from the other's. Hit 'em straight 8)

Visited March 2013
1 Thank emil v
Tampa, FL
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great golf courses, shaky villas”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Both courses at World Woods are spectacular and well worth the drive and price. We stayed in a 3 bedroom villa offered by World Woods and were less then impressed by the accommodations. All beds in the three rooms were twin beds that were extremely uncomfortable and very noisy whenever you moved. All 6 decided we would do hotel rooms in the future. No villa rentals for us!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank chasmo75
Pinellas Park, Florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Good course but rude staff”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Great golf course but the ranger that was there the day we played was rude and unnecessarily pressured us. Our group was foursome and they sent a threesome and a twosome behind us. After 5 holes we had let both groups play through. Not from playing slow just from the mere fact that the groups behind us were smaller. Then on six the ranger tells us we were 10 minutes behind. duh ,I guess he couldn’t figure that out. Then on eight he comes beck and threatened us saying that if were didn’t keep pace with the groups in front he'd be moving up a hole. After finishing in 4:15 minutes including letting two groups go past he has the nerve to come up to us on 18 and say hey sorry I was pressuring you why don’t you play the three practice holes for free. I guess he was expecting us to go complain for his rudeness and so he was buttering us up. I wiill be thinking long and hard about ever driving 75 miles to play there again.

Visited June 2013