“Greasy greasy greasy”

Five Guys
Ranked #14 of 135 Restaurants in Brooksville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Good quick standard greasy hamburgers and fries. Nothing special here in my opinion

Reviewed January 3, 2010

Everytime we go to Five Guys on Cortez Blvd we are never disappointed. I know the menu is limited, hot dogs, burgers, and fries, but they are the best we've ever tried (and we've tried alot). The burgers are always juicy and you can chose from a mountain of free toppings from the usual condiments to mushrooms, grilled or raw onions, jalapenos, etc.. Just be sure to know the difference between the junior and regular bugers. The juniors are the regular size burgers and the regular burgers are actually 2 patties. My husband, who can really eat his weight, could barely finish it and now usually orders the junior sized burger. The fries are very fresh and they always tell you where the days potatoes were grown. The come in a styrofoam cup inside of a brown paper bag. The bag serves three purpose, I've come to find out. First they give you some much fries they overflow, I think they even throw extra in the bag. So we always order one regular order of fries for 3 people. Second the bag absorbs any left over oils, even though they use healthy oils. Third, they don't close the bag because the fries become soggy. I tried to close my fry bag onetime when picking up a to go order and they recommend I don't and they were right. That's why fries are always soggy when you get home. The condensation of the heat turning to water makes them this way. Great tip...

We would always order the burgers when going, I mean it's a burger place right? Well, one day I just wasn't in the mood for a burger and ordered the hot dog with mustard and grilled onions. I have to say, it was the best hot dog I ever had. They split them down the middle and grill them. I think that is the secret of their taste. The bread was especially soft and fresh, though I'm not sure if they bake it there or not. It was really the perfect dog with the grilled onions.

The value is unbeatable. I can go there and get a dog for around $2-3 and burgers $4-5 and fries that we share for $2-3.

1  Thank ashnic69