“THE BEST LITTLE RESTAURANT IN TOWN!”
Review of Besta One - CLOSED

Besta One
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
plantnation
“THE BEST LITTLE RESTAURANT IN TOWN!”
Reviewed March 24, 2010

This is best little restaurant in town. What a surprise for a strip mall! The atmosphere is cozy and quaint and clean. The food is always great, and the service too. It's always a pleasure.

2 Thank plantnation

Spring Hill Fl
“Atmosphere was nice. Other people's food smelled good. Service was terrible”
Reviewed March 16, 2010

I thought it was just a fluke but after reading all of the reviews there does seem to be a trend. I went in tonight to try out the Besta One grille and it seemed quite nice. The waiters were dressed very professional and everything was very clean and nice. We were seated at a booth and told that our waiter would be right with us. 7 minutes later, our waiter popped by very quickly and said he would be right with us. He was very nice.

I then waited another 5 minutes and started to get a bit agitated. I saw him at the rear of the restuarant messing with a terminal then doing something at the bar continiously. He would then pop in the back for a bit. Every time he came out, I got excited but only to be let down as he fiddled some more. He saw looked at our table several times. The owner saw us and said something to the waiter but still nothing. I let another 8 minutes go by total from the time he had said he would be right with us and got up to walk out.

Well, no one said anything or cared so I walked out. The food might have been quite good but I will never know. There is just no reason to sit for 15 minutes and not even have your drink order taken!

3 Thank OhhWell
FL
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dinner at Besta One”
Reviewed January 29, 2010

I visited Besta One Italian Grille which have been recommended to me by my fellow employee last weekend. I found the restaurant's atmosphere to be very pleasant. The food was outstanding; I have the Linguini with clam sauce and glass of your premium wine. The Linguini with clam sauce was the best I have ever eating. The service was also excellent. all at such a reasonable price. What more could a person want? May God Bless you.

1 Thank lucyFl
Spring Hill, Fl
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AWSOME!”
Reviewed January 29, 2010

This little Italian neighborhood restaurant is run by local people and is one of the most pleasant surpises around. It's so fun and clean and friendly. My sister and I meet here for lunch probably three times a week and then I make my husband bring me back for dinner and a drink on weekends! The 'weekend specials' that the chef cooks up are devine! They are so elegant and well put together. Never boring, always something interesting cooking in this kitchen. The owner make several different creme brulees that are out of this world! I wait for those, especially. Also, a Peach Melba that is to die for. Yes, they do also have pizza, but even the pizza is top flight. Everything here is always fresh and of excellent quality. This is a fine and fun dining experience for the whole family. (Even the music is fun!)

1 Thank goodeats58
Spring Hill, FL
“Beware! Scam being pulled at Besta One Italian Grille!!!”
Reviewed January 3, 2010

I couldn't believe it when I was reviewing restaurants in my area (Spring Hill/Brooksville, FL) and I saw Besta One listed and was interested to see what others thought of it, due to my experience about 1 1/2 years ago. Too my surpise, someone who was there to dine in December 2009 had someone else's billed charged to their credit/debt card. I can't believe this happened to someone else. Now I'm sure there is some type of scam going on there either with the waiters or the owners.

My husband and 2 daughters dined there in 2007 with another couple and their 2 children. The kids ate at one both and we ate across from them (they were all preteen). The food was good and the service was o.k. (it was really busy). The problem came the next day when my friend called me in a panic at work. She said that there was over $700.00 in charges on her debit card all from Besta One. I could'nt believe it and said there must be some mistake. She said there were 10 charges all for $69 and change (the amount of her bill). I immediately logged in to my online banking and found that the same thing had happened to me. The problem is we both used our debit cards, so this money was immediately gone from our account and was about to cause both of us to bounce checks. We called Besta One that morning and they said the manager would be the one to handle it and he was not in. This was not satisfactory, because I felt like they had stolen my money. I left work and met my friend at Besta One and we waited until the manager came in. He was irriated that we were there and said that these were pending charges and would drop off in a few days. Are you kidding me I said. I can't have $700 worth of pending charges using up my funds for 3 days. He said there was nothing he could do because they were not "true charges" that were reconciled and we would have to wait until they dropped off our accounts. He didn't even offer to comp our original meals after going throught this nightmare. Needless to say we have never been back. My friend and I both had to go to our banks, which made us cancel our debit cards and wait for new ones to be issued. This was the only way to get those pending charges off the account. It was a complete hassle and a big waste of my valuable time. I was so ticked off, but now I'm fuming that this is still happening a year and half later! I thought our experience was a one time fluke, but apparently something fishy is going on at this restaurant!!! Beware!!!

1 Thank ashnic69