“Hospitality Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Brooksville
polo illinois
“Hospitality Hotel”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Our family's experience at the Holiday Inn Express on Cortez Blvd. was an unforgettable one. The staff treated us with respect and hospitality.They went above and beyond for us. They made us feel at home and greeted us with a smile every time we left and returned.The ''sundries'' room was a plus for late night snackers, with pop, juice, ice cream, chips, crackers, etc. The one thing I was so greatful for was the washer and dryer facility in their building. We were over 1200 miles away from home and that made it nice for packing lighter. They also had two complimentary computers to use in the lobby for personal use. So,hats off to you. Thank you. The Shenefelt Family from the Midwest!!!

Room Tip: Third floor has laundry and ice machine. Plan for a large appetite for breakfast.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
GuestServiceChampion, Guest Services Champion at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brooksville-I-75, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Sara S:
"Feel at home" is beautiful music to our ears here at Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Brooksville, Florida... that is our number one goal! Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
Guest Services Champion

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Bonita Springs
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I was very happy to find a hotel with people who really care and make you feel at home. they go the extra mile.....especially Jim,Kathy,Julia, and Jeanii.

Dear Pam M.:
We truly do care...our greatest compliment is knowing you found a home away from home!
Thank you, from all of us at Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Brooksville, Florida.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 6, 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Brooksville, FLorida on March 31st this year. It was a really great experience. The hotel lobby and sleeping rooms are maintained so well it all seems like a new hotel and yet it is about 4 years old. The service was incredible making the entire experience delightful. I will be back! From check in at the front desk by Maria and checking out with Daniel everybody was so pleasant. Denise made sure my room was pristine as did Jason in maintenance. I strongly recommend this hotel if you are in the Brooksville area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank DBertrand_12
BKVSRGuestRep, Guest Services Champion at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brooksville-I-75, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear DBertrand_12:
Thank you for your review. Our staff here at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Brooksville, Florida strives to provide comfortable accommodations of the utmost quality.
Thank you for staying with us!
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed April 5, 2012

recently spent the night before going to the Florida National Cemetery and was more than pleased with this new hotel. Clean, comfortable room, extremely helpful staff. Only complaint was hard to see sign from rt 50, other wise highly recommend. Includes hot breakfast.

2 Thank redbook2
BKVSRGuestRep, Guest Services Champion at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brooksville-I-75, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Valued Guest :
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Express and Suites, Brooksville, Florida.
Every member of our friendly staff is dedicated to making our guests feel at home.
Glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

naperville ill
Reviewed March 30, 2012

This is the 1st time i got a chance to try this place becuase it is fairly new and never got to before. . i get to my first room on the 1st floor (105?) room had musty smell, bed linens looked aged and tinged yellowish. i pull of the comforter thinking it was just the color. what do i see? bedbugs running across the mattress and i hit one with my paper..blood squirted on the sheets grosss!!! (national disaster right now across the country)
i called front desk and spoke to daniel and asked for an immediate room swap. he apologized and sent me to the 2nd floor. my inpulse tells me to check in and around the bed in this room and as i am not surpised, the bedbugs were around the crevaces of the furniture and underneathe the mattress of this room. this time i didnt bother to call the front desk and went down myself.
the nite desk person (same guy) rolled hjis eyes at me and tells me "you gotta be kidding me" in a sly voice which ticked me off. since it was 1am and i was tired flew in from california, i allowed him to walk me to another room on the 3rd floor. i get into the room and he walked in there with me just in case i found anything he would be there to see it. "whatya know?" BEDBUGS!!! this hotel must be severely INFESTED if on all 3 levels there are bedbugs and not 1 or 2 like alot. you can see the droppings clustered around the furniture cravaces and eggs. even the guets next door woke up becuase i was loud came into the hallway asking if everything was alright, i told them to check their bed-sheets and furnture for bedbugs,,,they fiound em too.
i know all about this stuff because i travel ALOT and have been affected by this a few times. i always check. this place gave me the creeps and was bound not to stay which i had dan check me out early and had to fight the GM to refund my money.. i highly urge all upcoming guests to seriously think your itinerary over and realize there ismore to a hotel than just good looks and new based structure. i spoke to the manager the next day (charles?) and he said he was new and was not aware of the situation which is poor of him. it also shows that this company doest not take profit and sink it back into the property as needed. charles was a jerk with me over the phone and rude and when i went to ask him for his supervisors information he hung the phone up on me and called me an "[--]i called right back and he had the rest of my calls screened by soemone who doesnt speak good english at all and has even a far worse attitude. i never write a review on a place but decided this is in order for the rest of you traveling.
THIS PLACE HAS SERIOUS HEALTH WARNINGS!!!BE WARE!!

Room Tip: nasty place....bad management, rude too. looks new though...what a trick. they need to have this pla...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank mike b
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brooksville-I-75, responded to this review, May 5, 2012
mike b,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay. I assure you bed bugs are not a sanitary issue and IHG takes these concerns seriously. We recommend that our hotels undergo routine preventative procedures to guard against bed bugs. In the event that bed bugs are discovered, we recommend that the hotel's pest control specialists act to ensure that the bugs are eradicated and if necessary, the hotel discards and replaces all affected furniture and linens. Additionally, we recommend the guest room is taken out of service until the hotel is advised that the guest room is pest free. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Ben J
IHG Care
Reviewed March 27, 2012

From making the reservation (with a call back to my cell to inform/remind us about their free breakfast), check in, assistance with a room upgrade, helpful/kind/efficient housekeeping, and to check out---all with a common customer first mission. Well done to Maria and the gen mgr (apologies forgot his name)

• Stayed March 2012
Dear rjmmkitch:
Glad you noticed our guest are our "mission" here at Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Brooksville, Florida. Happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
fort lauderdale, fl
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This Holiday Inn has everything going for it: well-located just off I-75, large and comfortable lobby with two computers + printer. The rooms are spacious w/ high ceilings (making the room feel larger), comfortable bed & linens, HD flat screen TV, small "kitchenette" with 1/2 size fridge, cupboard and microwave, sensible & well-lit bathroom. There is a small pool, a small fitness room and free hot self-serve breakfast. Parking is ample. This is not a full-service hotel, it is a Holiday Inn Express and for this class of hotel, I give it an A++.

The best part is the customer service. I stayed with a group and Bill (the manager), Tim on the front desk, the woman who serves breakfast each morning, the 1st floor housekeeper and the maintenance gentleman (who went out of his way to get my broken alarm clock replaced even though I told him it was "no big deal") all went "above/beyond" to make sure our group was welcomed and taken care of. Bill, please make sure to share these acknowledgements with your employees...they're all doing a great job!

My only "critique" is the a/c unit below the window, which blows constantly unless you turn it off. A thermostat and central a/c would be nice... Enjoy your stay at this high-value/reasonably-priced hotel and check in with confidence.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank mamamooch
GuestServiceChampion, Guest Services Champion at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brooksville-I-75, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Dear Mamamooch:

THANK YOU! Your review exemplifies the dedication of our staff here at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, in Brooksville, Florida, where our top priority is guest comfort, pleasurable relaxation and satisfaction.

Guest Services Champion
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooksville
Holiday Inn Express Brooksville West
Days Inn Brooksville
Days Inn Brooksville
#3 of 6 in Brooksville
Hampton Inn Brooksville / Dade City
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brooksville
Quality Inn & Suites and Conference Center
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Spring Hill/Weeki Wachee

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brooksville-I-75? Share your experiences!