“An exceptionally gratifying experience in an awesome location”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kabetogama
Northern Lights Resort & Outfitting
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kabetogama
York, United Kingdom
“An exceptionally gratifying experience in an awesome location”
Reviewed March 7, 2010

Searching for a new experience, my wife and I work camped at Northern Lights for the summers of 2008 and 2009. Harlan and Heidi, the managers, each year improve the cabins and maintain them throughout the summer to assure the guests have a trouble free vacation experience. The comments we heard both summers included the following: The seclusion and peacefulness of the lake and woods provided a wonderful family time. The availability of fishing equipment and knowledgeable guide service made the fishing very rewarding. Children had toys and bicycles available and could ride them free of any traffic. The tapes and DVDs entertained at night while the days were spent with families reconnecting with each other. The lodge allowed families to play and share with each other. We met a number of families and friends who return each year to renew acquaintances or family bonds. Two wedding parties booked several cabins for their wedding. The sandy beach provided a great space for toddlers. The sauna was used by teenagers after they enjoyed the big blowup water toys. The grills and fire pits by each cabin were used most every night. Within driving distance was a bear sanctuary and an underground iron mine tour.
Being at that resort was a rejuvenating experience not only for all the guests with whom we interacted but also for us. It was a pleasure to see the families enjoy each other and be reluctant to leave. We found the northern woods and community friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
4 Thank rvcruiser

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Blaine, MN
Reviewed March 6, 2010

My husband and I spent a long weekend at the resort. We had a wonderful time--so much to do!! The views are amazing.

Tom, Pat, Harlan and Heidi are wonderful hosts. They were very attentive and we did not want for anything.

The accomodations were first class all the way at a very reasonable price!! The resort is in pristine condition inside and out.

Thank you so much for everything and we are returning in August 2010 with the entire family!!

Vicki and Frank Callaghan

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vscallaghan
Minnesota
Reviewed March 5, 2010

Last year (2009) was our 3rd year in a row and we've booked for 2010. Every other year it's a friend and I; other years our wives come with. We always have had a great time. Harlan & Heidi and the other staff are just plain wonderful; friendly, helpful and provide great fishing tips. The amenities, from coffee to fish cleaning to the dogs & brats meal for charities are top notch. For years we'd gone to Canada but it got to be such a hassle to cross the border and the people weren't real friendly so we decided to try staying south of the border. It was the best move we made; the fishing is just as good; a shorter drive; much nicer accommodations and great people. No regrets and we plan on going back for years to come.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
3 Thank CommonAsDirt
Omaha
Reviewed March 5, 2010

We've stayed in Yellowstone for a week for three summers now. We have had a perfectly wonderful time each time. Each time has had new surprises and experiences. Boating, tubing, kayaking, fishing, huge walleye feeds, blueberry picking, hiking, just messing around and swimming and laying out . . . it is a beautiful, beautiful experience for all ages, and you can set your own pace and breathe it all in, at your leisure. Did I mention the great night's sleep you get up there, too? It's like they have double oxygen! :>)

There's so much to do, but my favorite is to just sit on the cabin's deck or porch and be with my loved ones.

It's so restorative and refreshing that you really, truly don't want to leave. I've traveled some, and the only other place where they have to drag me home, kicking and screaming, is on Maui, Hawaii. The GOOD news is, THIS place is tons cheaper! :>)

I'm like an addict, and being at Northern Lights is like crack cocaine for my peace of mind. :>)

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank SusanFromOmaha
Peoria, AZ
Reviewed March 1, 2010

I am an electrical engineer from Arizona and last fall traveled to Northern Lights with some client customers from St. Paul. This was my clients choice as I had never been to Voyageurs National Park nor had ever heard of it. We stayed in the Yellowstone cabin at Northern LIghts resort. I was blown away, 300 miles north of the metro, a cabin nicer than most homes, with a fireplace, granite counter tops, a screen porch, a private fire pits and unbelievable views. My bedroom had a big log bed situated so you looked directly at the lake with my head on the pillow. The view, the sounds the smells were all so unbelievable I could hardly believe it. We went fishing with a guide and traveled about 40 miles of water though country I had never imagined were so beautiful. We caught fish that really pleased my clients, but for me it was this exceptional enviroment. The owners of Northern Lights were at the property while we were there and they made me a hero with my clients. I could not have orchestrated better treatment of my clients if I was a move director. This experience has been profitable with more businesses for me and I suspect I will have to rent a larger cabin the next time I return. My thanks to the Owners Tom and Pat and their hard working managers Harlan and Heidi. The guide Frank is quiet the character, and very informative as a guide. Thanks for a wonderful experience, I will be back next fall. This new web site is nice. Sergio Agudelo

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank electricaz
Scottsdale
Reviewed March 1, 2010

My first experience with Northern Lights was on a Saturday in July in 2008 just after we had checked out of another resort on Kabetogama. Looking for another place to stay we happened into Northern Lights on the way to the Echo Bay hiking trail. We drove in unannounced and although everyone were very busy the manager said look through any cabin you want to look at and please take your shoes off if it is cleaned. I grew up cleaning motel rooms for my parents in Iowa and know the cabins at NL would pass my mothers white glove inspection. We later booked a vacation in the Caribou cabin with my husband his parents and our 2 kids. We had a great time, the cabin was perfect, everyone commented about how nice the beds were and how well we slept. My husband and father in law had great fishing and our kids are still talking about the magic tricks they learned at youthquest, That nice lady that taught the tricks also said a "magican never tells his tricks" and our kids will not tell us. Thanks Heidi and Harlan your hospitality was above what we've experienced else where and our kids are still talking about the fun they had. We have told lots of people about Northern Lights, and highly recomend it. Thanks, Tami, Tim, Lisa and Joe Koski

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Tamik_10
gaylord
Reviewed February 22, 2010

A friend of mine and I stayed for a weekend and had a wonderful time. The managers are so friendly and helpful they feel like family. I have come back numerous time and find that I enjoy it more everytime I come.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank emmy02
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kabetogama
La Place Rendez Vous Hotel & Convention
Copper River Inn & Conference Centre
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
#3 of 7 in International Falls
AmericInn Hotel & Suites International Falls
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Interna...
#2 of 7 in International Falls
Super 8 Fort Frances
Super 8 Fort Frances
#1 of 4 in Fort Frances
Days Inn International Falls
Days Inn International Falls
#5 of 7 in International Falls

Been to Northern Lights Resort & Outfitting? Share your experiences!