“Wonderful hosts; beautiful cabin; great lake. Going back in 2010”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kabetogama
Northern Lights Resort & Outfitting
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kabetogama
Reviewed March 5, 2010

Last year (2009) was our 3rd year in a row and we've booked for 2010. Every other year it's a friend and I; other years our wives come with. We always have had a great time. Harlan & Heidi and the other staff are just plain wonderful; friendly, helpful and provide great fishing tips. The amenities, from coffee to fish cleaning to the dogs & brats meal for charities are top notch. For years we'd gone to Canada but it got to be such a hassle to cross the border and the people weren't real friendly so we decided to try staying south of the border. It was the best move we made; the fishing is just as good; a shorter drive; much nicer accommodations and great people. No regrets and we plan on going back for years to come.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank CommonAsDirt

Reviewed March 5, 2010

We've stayed in Yellowstone for a week for three summers now. We have had a perfectly wonderful time each time. Each time has had new surprises and experiences. Boating, tubing, kayaking, fishing, huge walleye feeds, blueberry picking, hiking, just messing around and swimming and laying out . . . it is a beautiful, beautiful experience for all ages, and you can set your own pace and breathe it all in, at your leisure. Did I mention the great night's sleep you get up there, too? It's like they have double oxygen! :>)

There's so much to do, but my favorite is to just sit on the cabin's deck or porch and be with my loved ones.

It's so restorative and refreshing that you really, truly don't want to leave. I've traveled some, and the only other place where they have to drag me home, kicking and screaming, is on Maui, Hawaii. The GOOD news is, THIS place is tons cheaper! :>)

I'm like an addict, and being at Northern Lights is like crack cocaine for my peace of mind. :>)

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank SusanFromOmaha
Reviewed March 1, 2010

I am an electrical engineer from Arizona and last fall traveled to Northern Lights with some client customers from St. Paul. This was my clients choice as I had never been to Voyageurs National Park nor had ever heard of it. We stayed in the Yellowstone cabin at Northern LIghts resort. I was blown away, 300 miles north of the metro, a cabin nicer than most homes, with a fireplace, granite counter tops, a screen porch, a private fire pits and unbelievable views. My bedroom had a big log bed situated so you looked directly at the lake with my head on the pillow. The view, the sounds the smells were all so unbelievable I could hardly believe it. We went fishing with a guide and traveled about 40 miles of water though country I had never imagined were so beautiful. We caught fish that really pleased my clients, but for me it was this exceptional enviroment. The owners of Northern Lights were at the property while we were there and they made me a hero with my clients. I could not have orchestrated better treatment of my clients if I was a move director. This experience has been profitable with more businesses for me and I suspect I will have to rent a larger cabin the next time I return. My thanks to the Owners Tom and Pat and their hard working managers Harlan and Heidi. The guide Frank is quiet the character, and very informative as a guide. Thanks for a wonderful experience, I will be back next fall. This new web site is nice. Sergio Agudelo

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
4  Thank electricaz
Reviewed March 1, 2010

My first experience with Northern Lights was on a Saturday in July in 2008 just after we had checked out of another resort on Kabetogama. Looking for another place to stay we happened into Northern Lights on the way to the Echo Bay hiking trail. We drove in unannounced and although everyone were very busy the manager said look through any cabin you want to look at and please take your shoes off if it is cleaned. I grew up cleaning motel rooms for my parents in Iowa and know the cabins at NL would pass my mothers white glove inspection. We later booked a vacation in the Caribou cabin with my husband his parents and our 2 kids. We had a great time, the cabin was perfect, everyone commented about how nice the beds were and how well we slept. My husband and father in law had great fishing and our kids are still talking about the magic tricks they learned at youthquest, That nice lady that taught the tricks also said a "magican never tells his tricks" and our kids will not tell us. Thanks Heidi and Harlan your hospitality was above what we've experienced else where and our kids are still talking about the fun they had. We have told lots of people about Northern Lights, and highly recomend it. Thanks, Tami, Tim, Lisa and Joe Koski

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tamik_10
Reviewed February 22, 2010

A friend of mine and I stayed for a weekend and had a wonderful time. The managers are so friendly and helpful they feel like family. I have come back numerous time and find that I enjoy it more everytime I come.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank emmy02
Reviewed September 28, 2009

We had a wonderful week at Northern Lights. It did not hurt that it was the end of September and the temp was in the upper 70's and crystal clear skies. Northern Minnesota is so tranquil and beautiful.
We had stayed at this resort around 12 years ago and we were pleasantly surprised with all the updates. We have grown up with very rustic cabins for vacation but this was far from rustic. Wow. The cabins were beautiful. Everything you need is right there. The Views were priceless.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank StillDreaming
Reviewed June 3, 2009

My husband and I reserved all of Northern Lights Resort in May 09 for our daughters wedding. Elizabeth and Tony chose Kabetogama United Methodist Church to have
the wedding, but then returned to Northern LIghts Resort in the evening for pontoon
rides, cake, and photos of the bride and groom on the dock at sunset. This was the
perfect way to enjoy all the guests you have at a wedding. We were able to spend 2-3
days with all the guests at NLR in the finest of accommodations. The cabins are
very comfortable, clean, well kept up, and nicely decorated. We had fireside lodge
and we enjoyed the spacious rooms that accommodated many guests throughout
the week. Heidi and Harlan were instrumental in helping us plan the wedding
and were outstanding hosts to every single guest. They are truly "gifted" in
hospitality and make you feel so welcome there. We recommend this as a setting
for anyone who would be interested in planning a wedding as the photographic
beauty is endless. Also, there are bikes for all ages available, stroller, and outdoor games that the guests could easily use. The grounds are nicely groomed and landscaping well kept up. We have NO complaints, only praise for this fine resort. We thank Pat and Tom for their part in all of the wedding preparations as well. This is a resort that guests want to return to! We will be back!!

Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank padrenth
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kabetogama
Copper River Inn & Conference Centre
Super 8 Fort Frances
Super 8 Fort Frances
#1 of 4 in Fort Frances
La Place Rendez Vous Hotel & Convention
AmericInn Hotel & Suites International Falls
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Interna...
#3 of 8 in International Falls

Been to Northern Lights Resort & Outfitting? Share your experiences!