“Not a fan”

Cali Viejo
Ranked #44 of 320 Restaurants in Brandon
Cuisines: Colombian, Latin
Reviewed August 9, 2016

Everyone at the restaurant was friendly but they don't have 1 server per table so it got a bit confusing. One person took our drink order, another took our food order, another brought our food over, another brought the check over.......a little bit of madness. We also sat at the table by the bar and thought it was unprofessional that the servers would go behind the counter to eat and chat with the bartender. Unfortunately we didn't like the food either. We tried the lomo salteado, the salmon and the bistec a caballo. The lomo was okay but everything else I wasn't a fan of - in particular the salmon and the beans.

Reviewed June 27, 2016 via mobile

Authentic South American food cooked to order. Large sharable portions, smaller salads included with the meal. Salad was small but so fresh and delicious with cilantro I wanted more. However there was more than enough rice, beans, tostones, pork chop, beef, chicken, shredded pork, and whole fish!
Nice atmosphere, very clean restaurant.
Also fresh bakery goods and deserts.

Reviewed June 9, 2016

If you are in the Tampa / Brandon area, this is a must, especially if you like Columbian or Latin food. Service is excellent and so friendly. But even better the food is absolutely fabulous. I will never miss a chance to come here. Prices are great and it's a nice casual atmosphere. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed April 28, 2016

I can say that I have been to two of the Columbian restaurant's and have not been impressed with the food or the service. On the other hand, we go here at least once a week and the food is fabulous. It is always Hot , Fresh and flavorful . As a family of four I have never had a bad food experience or staff . I always get the skirt steak with grilled potatoes and double salad and un-sweet tea. My daughters get the Cuban sandwiches or the chicken and yellow rice with plantains. My husband gets the 1/2 rotisserie chicken with black beans and rice. The sangria is freshly made with fruit in it. My oldest daughter loves it. The food is reasonably priced and Very Good.

Reviewed April 25, 2016

They have all types of latin food, no just Columbian. They specialize in meat platters with a ton of different types meat with generous portions. The ropa vieja is always good as well as the chicken and rice. Very cute on the inside. The outside looks a little run down. I almost did not want to do a review on this as I like being able to get inside without a wait. It's a hidden gem type of restaurant.

1  Thank Valerie34099

Been to Cali Viejo? Share your experiences!