“Good Hotel, Need to inspect rooms better”

Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Brandon
Mooresville, North Carolina
“Good Hotel, Need to inspect rooms better”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We always stay at Holiday Inn Express. We have great service. This hotel was no different when it came to front desk help and especially helping us get a shuttle to the Tampa port. Great employees. My complaint was the smoke detector (or lack of) in our room. We told the house keepers and front desk because thats very dangerous and if like the state I live in, against the law. You have to have working smoke detectors in the room. I don't understand how the room can be cleaned and nobody not see it missing and the wire thing hanging down.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
GM-HIxBrandon, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear cheri2128,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I spoke with my Maintenance Manager and we obviously checked you into that room before he was able to replace the smoke detector. We check our smoke detectors quarterly and the unit in that room had to be replaced. Unfortunately when he returned to replace the unit the "Do Not Disturb" sign was on the door, and he was unable to access the room again. We take the safety of our guests very seriously and I am very sorry you were checked into a room without a smoke detector. I will make sure I speak with the desk and maintenance staff to make sure they better coordinate their efforts next time. If you ever have any concerns in the future, please feel free to contact me directly. My office number is 813.643.3800. Other than that, I am glad that you enjoyed your time here at the hotel. We hope to see you again soon!

Edward Herrick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Riverview, Florida
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I am a corporate travel administrator for my company, and we have a corporate account with Holiday Inn Express here in Brandon. The hotel is really convenient since it is directly across from our office. Jamie Phillips is who I deal with, and I always get prompt, professional and personal service from Jamie. She has helped me out on so many occasions with group stays, or just a guest that is coming in for one of our employees. Our guest that stay there are really impressed withe hotel and it's staff, they say it is like 'coming home.' I highly recommend this hotel, and please ask for Jamie Phillips for the BEST service ever!

Room Tip: All the rooms are quiet and clean. They are really great about accommodating your needs.
Dear Peggy,

I will have to admit, I also think we have the best hotel ever. I know scheduling travel and hotel stays can be a frustrating, and I am glad Jamie has been able to help make your job a little easier. My staff and I are proud our hotel can be your home away from home, and we look forward to seeing your guests walk through the door. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed January 29, 2014

This is a very comfortable hotel and Maggie makes it a very comfortable place to stay!! The rooms are very clean and spacious. The Manager's Party on Tuesday night was great!! The food and beverages were very good. This was my third stay there and the next time I'm in the area I will stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
GM-HIxBrandon, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear Reid S,

Thanks for the kind words. Maggie and the rest of the staff are dedicated to making sure you have a great stay, they will be so pleased to hear you enjoyed yourself. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in town, don't forget to be here on a Tuesday!

Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Checked in last minute late at night without a reservation due to unpleasant traveling conditions. Maggie the front desk clerk was warm and welcoming. She was happy to exchange small talk and helped us find something to eat at the late hour it was. The room was clean and comfortable, but it was the front desk service that really stood out

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Michael,

We supply Maggie with an endless supply of coffee to make sure she is always smiling in the wee hours of the night. She will be so happy you took the time to mention her. I am glad we were able to take care of you while you were in town. We hope to see you again soon.

Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I usually do not stay at Holiday Inn Express because it is an inconsistent hotel chain, but this place is great. It is well kept up and everyone is very friendly. I will certainly re-consider staying at Holiday Inn Express when I travel thanks to this excellent experience in Tampa.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
GM-HIxBrandon, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Mary,

I am happy we could restore you faith in our brand! We hope you come back and see us next time you are in Brandon.

-Edward Herrick
Brandon, Florida
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Good morning my name is Corporal D.Mercer im in the U.S Army Reserves and I would personally like to thank maggie (rep's) and her fellow co-workers at the Tampa-Brandon Holiday Inn who was highly motivated, determined and eager to make sure me and my fellow soldier's were comfortable and relaxed while we were here. The beds were amazingly soft as well as sparkly clean and refreshing , I must say you can't beat the price , what's money when you're treated with respect, kindness, and gratitude!!! I strongly recommend and suggest that if you're stopping through the city this is the place you want to be!!! We shall return soon enough!!!!! :-) If any one has any questions about our stay please contact me @ (813)-598-5051 U.S Army Recruiting Sub Station (RSS) 767 w. Brandon Blvd Brandon, Fl USA 33511.......or here lol I could be here.

Room Tip: Based on the amount of people that doesn't mind sharing a double room !!!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Corporal Mercer,

First of all, my staff and I all want to thank you and your fellow servicemen for your service. We are honored by your kind words and we are happy to make your time away from home just a little more enjoyable. Maggie, and the rest of our team hope next time you are in the area, you will come by to see us! Thank you again for everything you do for our country.

Hoover, Alabama
Reviewed January 22, 2014

From the moment- Jamie the Sales Manager, reached out in advance of our trip in order to solicit our business, to the moment we checked out after a two day stay- this was a flawless and highly enjoyable experience. Everything was made so easy by Jamie's quick and efficient follow up and the incredibly expeditious and accurate way we were all checked in. The whole thing was done without the first hitch.The staff knew who we were, knew why were were there and checked on each individual member of our team while the wrestlers and parents of Hoover, Alabama spent their time in Brandon. When we needed directions or restaurant advice, they went out of their way to help us. The hotel was extremely nice for the type of property it is, the work out facility excellent and the staff (from housekeeping on up) extremely warm and amiable.

If you are coming in from out of town and bringing in a team, coaches and parents- I would rate this right up there at the top of the list. Clearly, this team of hotel professionals have done this before even though they treated us as if we were the only clients they had ever had. The experience was beyond unique and incredibly personalized. Excellent in every way.

Room Tip: My only tip would be to call in advance to make sure the hotel is not booked. Once the word gets out...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
859Khall,

Thank you so much for your review, I am so happy that you had such a great experience, I know traveling with any sort of group can be stressful, I’m glad we were able to help make your job a little easier. Jaime is an invaluable part of our team and, like the rest of our staff, is dedicated to the service of our guests. We hope that we get to see you and your team next time you’re in Brandon!

-Edward Herrick
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brandon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon Regency Park
Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon
Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Brandon
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa / Riverview / Brandon
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa/Brandon
Hampton Inn Tampa / Brandon

Been to Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon? Share your experiences!