“Nice/Clean Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Brandon
Vero Beach, Florida
“Nice/Clean Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is the 2nd or 3rd time I've stayed at this hotel. It's clean which is the best thing and I stayed there with a group and they had decent group rates. I wish they had queen beds instead of doubles. I don't know what hotels think, most adults do not sleep on double beds at home very often and it is hard to put 2 adults in a double no matter how small you are.

The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is because I was the group coordinator with the hotel and when I arrived they did not have my reservation. They had everyone else in our group but not mine. I got there a little early thank goodness as they said I got one of the last rooms they had that night.
My suggestion is to re-confirm your reservation right before you go.

Room Tip: Confirm your Reservations!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Beki L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
I would like to apologize for any reservation issues you had however I am very happy to hear they all worked out. Thanks for your review and mentioning that was the only reason we didn't get the five stars. Your comments will be shared with the front desk team during our weekly staff meeting as well. We strive each day to make sure everything is exactly as it is suppose to be for the guests arrival but we fell short this time and I am sorry for that. We hope that you and your group join us very soon for another visit so we can make it up to you. Thanks.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Hotel was okay, Will stay again if nothing else is available. Didn't like the WiFi, you have to log in each time you use it. Which can be a pain, prefer once a day log in. Maybe they will change it.
It's in a great area of Brandon, Really close to shopping, Malls, Restaurants, etc.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
I am so glad that you wrote the comments that you did because it gives me an opportunity to let everyone know that as of 4pm on 2/18/13 we have switched our internet service providors. It hasn't even been 24 hours as of yet however the connection speed is a lot faster and this morning when I arrived to work I didn't have to re-enter the passcode from the prior day. The internet just came right up for me. I am not sure if this process of only having to enter once per week will remain into place but I will be contacting the provider myself if I find that it goes back to requiring it each time I log on like before. Once again thanks for your comments and please make us your first choice the next time your in the area and try out the new internet in place.
Cape Canaveral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My wife and I were in Brandon FLORIDA to make final arrangements after the death of her Mother. I used the Internet to check in but later had to block rooms for out of town family members. This is when we met Mary Matthews. She understood the emotional turmoil we had been through and offered the absolutely best rate for our family. The hotel is clean and we'll maintained. The location was perfect. It is the people that makes your corporate reputation come alive. The Holiday Inn Express has a sterling reputation with my family thanks to Mary and the Staff.

Room Tip: Book it, no worries
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thanks for taking the time to respond to not only trip advisor but to our personal survey from our hotel. Mary was very happy that your stay went great and really appreciated your comments. We hope you can return for a visit with us under better circumstance in the near future. Thanks again for everything and we will hopefully see you soon.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel in the past, however I do not remember it being like this. Everything inside has been re-done. Check- in was easy and hassle free, the room was perfect. Even the AC/Heating unit was whisper quiet! Usually these units are so loud you cannot get to sleep. The bathroom was spotless- like I was the first person to use it. The breakfast was the usual H I Express menu- but you do not go to Holiday Inn Express for dining. The breakfast area was clean, and the menu items were fresh.
I tried to think of something to complain about, but I could not. I will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We recently purchased brand new AC units for a large portion of the guest rooms as well as installed easy to use wall mounted thermostats. Our housekeeping staff appreciated your kind words as well and we look forward to your next visit with us.
Cicero, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

It had nice rooms and good breakfast.

The Business center computers was tied up with teenagers on facebook from early morning to late at night.

They refuse to give priority club points to my account.

For this reason I will use other hotels in the future.

Several other hotels in the immediate area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
Beki L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Hello,
I just saw your review a few minutes ago and wanted to respond right away. I am very glad that you liked the hotel and the rooms however I was upset to hear about the points issue. I am unaware of the specifics on this situation and would love an opportunity to correct the issue. You do have many choices when it comes to staying in the local area and I really appreciated that you chose our hotel out of all the others. Going forward I want us to be your first choice as well so please contact me when you get a moment to discuss the details and give me the chance to show you we are excellent in all areas not just in the rooms. You can contact me directly at 813-643-3800 or if emailing is easy then my email is blewie@dhmhotels.com. I look forward to hearing from you and have a great rest of the week.

St. Catharines, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We had good service, a clean & quiet room and a great sleep in a comfortable bed. The breakfast was in a good sized, pleasant room with many choices. Although I only had toast everything looked fresh and appetizing. We'll visit here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Mary M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us while in the Brandon, Tampa Bay area. Our staff was pleased to hear your comments this morning and I wanted to let you know that we appreciate you taking the time out of your day to share them with us. Thanks again and we look forward to you staying with us in the near future.

st.pete.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Spent 2 days at this Holiday inn! The rooms and halls and front desk area are all very clean! Looks like a recent remodel. Breakfast as allways very good as expected. Staff was very nice and ready to any thing they could for you ! The view of the lake from dining area was a nice addition! like all the pillows with different softness! beds slept well! will be back!

Room Tip: get the lake view
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for all your kind words. We share all the comments with our staff on a daily basis and they really enjoyed hearing that your stay was an excellent one. Hope you didn't travel back to the cold weather up north but if you did stay warm until your next visit to the brandon area.

Beki Lewie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brandon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon Regency Park
Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Brandon
Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa / Riverview / Brandon
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa/Brandon
Hampton Inn Tampa / Brandon

Been to Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon? Share your experiences!