“Wish I lived nearby.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Shrimp Boat Grill

Shrimp Boat Grill
Ranked #4 of 301 Restaurants in Brandon
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Parrish, Florida
“Wish I lived nearby.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Our son flew into Tampa for business and was available to meet us for dinner on this trip. Living south of Tampa, we settled on Brandon and started looking for a suitable restaurant. He likes seafood, so I searched tripadvisor for a seafood restaurant in Brandon. Shrimp Boat Grill had good reviews. The decision was easy. We shared a raw oyster appetizer. Funny thing about raw oysters, they are either good or horrible. It seems like there is no middle ground. These were good. I had crab au grautin and fried shrimp. The crab was really good, cheesy and spicey. The shrimp were large, fresh, lightly breaded and properly cooked. My wife had shrimp and my son had the crab cakes. No one was disappointed. If we lived nearby, we would eat there regularly.

• Visited September 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Better than red lobster hands down!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

Au gratin potatoes... Out of this world! Garlic bread served before dinner. Yummy! Shrimp was fresh and light... Not greasy like Red Lobster seems to be if late! Pineapple upside down cake made to order with homemade ice cream was delicious. Service was outstanding as well. Everyone was friendly from start to finish :) cannot say enough good things about this hole in the wall. I will definitely go back!!!

1 Thank MRG2012
Sun City, Florida
“It ain't just Shrimp”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

Chef Paone not only knows how to cook shrimp properly but knows the perfect sauce to go along with each variety. My wife is not a fan of coconut but she couldn't resist the Pina Colada sauce with the Coconut Shrimp that I ordered. I enjoyed her Chipotle Shrimp, just the right amount of spice and not over saturated. We returned for dinner and had the Saturday night special Prime Rib. Perfectly cooked to order. Great drinks at a decent price. Aaron our server is a treasure for the restaurant. It will be a regular stop for us.

• Visited August 2012
Riverview, Florida
“Great Food and Service at this Hidden Gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

I've driven by this place many times, but always thought it was just a rundown bar that offered some fried food. Boy was I ever wrong! A friend went there last week and raved about it so I thought we would give it a try. It does not disappoint. When we arrived we were told it would be a 20 minute wait or we could eat outside immediately. We opted to wait and got a drink at the bar. We were seated within 10 minutes. It's a small place, but you could tell there were a lot of regulars who were greeted by bar staff and servers by name. After being seated we opted for the 1/2 dozen Louisiana raw oysters and some onion rings. The plentiful serving of onion rings were so lightly battered and seasoned with a nice side of Cajun dipping sauce were addictive. When the oysters arrived we got nine instead of six...reason being that some of them were small. The oysters were so fresh and yummy! My husband then opted for the Salmon Wellington with a potato pancake and I ordered the Shrimp and scallop Gratinee with the augratin potatoes. Both entrees were absolutely wonderful. The Potato Pancake was a yummy surprise. I'll definitely order that on my next visit. My husband ordered another drink called the Southern Drawl (I believe) and it was so tasty. Finally we shared a homemade Salt Caramel ice cream for dessert. It was the perfect ending to the meal. I highly recommend giving this place a try.

• Visited September 2012
Brandon, Florida
“AWESOME CATEGORY 4!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

A friend reccommended we try the Shrimp Boat on Saturday night. After one Category 4 meal, we decided that we had to make this our Saturday tradition. After the second meal, we decided we had made the right decision and the next step was to introduce our friends and neighbors to this delicious adventure. Everyone knows where to look for us every Saturday night from now on!!!

• Visited July 2012

Been to Shrimp Boat Grill? Share your experiences!