“It ain't just Shrimp”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Chef Paone not only knows how to cook shrimp properly but knows the perfect sauce to go along with each variety. My wife is not a fan of coconut but she couldn't resist the Pina Colada sauce with the Coconut Shrimp that I ordered. I enjoyed her Chipotle Shrimp, just the right amount of spice and not over saturated. We returned for dinner and had the Saturday night special Prime Rib. Perfectly cooked to order. Great drinks at a decent price. Aaron our server is a treasure for the restaurant. It will be a regular stop for us.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I've driven by this place many times, but always thought it was just a rundown bar that offered some fried food. Boy was I ever wrong! A friend went there last week and raved about it so I thought we would give it a try. It does not disappoint. When we arrived we were told it would be a 20 minute wait or we could eat outside immediately. We opted to wait and got a drink at the bar. We were seated within 10 minutes. It's a small place, but you could tell there were a lot of regulars who were greeted by bar staff and servers by name. After being seated we opted for the 1/2 dozen Louisiana raw oysters and some onion rings. The plentiful serving of onion rings were so lightly battered and seasoned with a nice side of Cajun dipping sauce were addictive. When the oysters arrived we got nine instead of six...reason being that some of them were small. The oysters were so fresh and yummy! My husband then opted for the Salmon Wellington with a potato pancake and I ordered the Shrimp and scallop Gratinee with the augratin potatoes. Both entrees were absolutely wonderful. The Potato Pancake was a yummy surprise. I'll definitely order that on my next visit. My husband ordered another drink called the Southern Drawl (I believe) and it was so tasty. Finally we shared a homemade Salt Caramel ice cream for dessert. It was the perfect ending to the meal. I highly recommend giving this place a try.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

A friend reccommended we try the Shrimp Boat on Saturday night. After one Category 4 meal, we decided that we had to make this our Saturday tradition. After the second meal, we decided we had made the right decision and the next step was to introduce our friends and neighbors to this delicious adventure. Everyone knows where to look for us every Saturday night from now on!!!

Reviewed July 27, 2012

I often imagined that delicious morsels lead folks to line up for this place, but after trying it a few times (since a relative and a couple friends rave about this place) I realized it's just basic food, a lot of it, and many offerings are fried. I made a mistake one visit by ordering a mixed drink from the bar. I looked at the oysters with great caution despite my love for eating shellfish. I will give credit where it's due; the prime rib which I ordered on one of my visits was good. Ultimately, there are other places in this category where I prefer to go for eats.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

So glad we took the time to find this awesome little place. The food was very good and the service was wonderful. It was in a strip mall but easy to find. Take the time to find it, it's worth it.