“Good food for a strip mall”
Review of Shrimp Boat Grill

Shrimp Boat Grill
Ranked #5 of 309 Restaurants in Brandon
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

Trio special sat may 18 of filet, amber jack and "lobster shrimp" was tasty... It's worthy if you're staying local in Brandon. But there are better options if you take the trip into Tampa.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

Based on the reviews we have read, we tried the Shrimpboat grill for the first time. We found the food to be of excellent quality for a reasonable price.

Nothing fancy, just plain good seafood dishes. very personable staff.

We will be back again.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

We heard from friends that they had heard the food was good. The "mound" of onion rings was large and very tasty! The sides of bread,salad, broccoli and baked potato were good also but the fried shrimp at the "Shrimp Boat" were very poor. They had way too much breading and both the shimp and the breading were very bland. Even pulling the breading off did not help the bland tasting shrimp. I eat shrimp almost everytime I dine out and these were the worst I had ever had anywhere. The tarter sauce was good but that did not even help the shrimp.

1  Thank roylowejr
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Saturday they feature a 4 course tasting option. Four course meal, reasonable portions,; reasonal price: UNREAL taste value!!

I guess the 3rd coarse is the entree, BUT do not rush through each course.: each one is a 'feast' to the pallet.

You can taste the agony the chef must endure in balancing the flavours.

Since trying it one time, I cannot order anything else. My wife, not as adventurous as I am, is more than content with the weekly menu.

Each time the experience has been unique.

Thankyou, Shrimp Boat; thankyou 'chef'; keep it coming; I'll be back!!

From Tampa to Crosstown to Brandon Parkway, left on Lunsden (where Parkway ends); left in the shopping mall before Kings (behind the law office). 15-20 mins from Tampa

Tell your friends!!!

Go Rays!!!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We tried this one twice. It looks like an average place, not fancy, not fast food. A little taken aback by the costs which were more in line with a much nicer restaurant. Disappointed when the food came. Overly breaded and bland seafood served by a waitress we never saw again until she brought the check. Off the list!

2  Thank suzieb1126