“nice cozy place to eat”

Cuisines: American, Italian, French
Tampa, Florida, United States
“nice cozy place to eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is not a fancy Restaurant ,but is small place , with a few tables,live music ,good wine and food what else can you ask? I have visited twice and I really enjoy it.I had prosciutto flat bread as appetizer which was big enough for my wife and I,we had risotto but that was not as good as e had experienced in some other Restaurants.I had lamb chops and my Husband had a mignon and they were both very good, wine was also excellent but was not the house wine.Overall was a good experience because was not noisy as most of the Restaurants and food was very good.

Tampa, Florida
“Expectations not realized”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

AMBIENCE: music was good background, but not memorable. A plus and was primary draw.

ATMOSPHERE: romantic it was supposed to be???? NO candle light, no pictures on the walls, minimal trappings. I drove 40 miles on a date and I expected more.

SERVICE: Good: Staffing duties were shared, primary server was inexperienced; maître de was observant and not just a greeter, attentive but not super engaging. At the end of an evening (2 hrs) I should know my server better than just her name.

FOOD: was POOR. We ordered "fresh" cod. Coming from New England- we have tasted much better, this wasn't. It was frozen and lacked taste. NOT cheap either. I could have bought two pounds at a sea food market, turned on Pandora with candle light and had a better dinner. This was a "special"?? It was a disappointment. The spinach soufflé was tasty, the linguine so so, the salmon petit fore taste bite was good, the bread and pepper roulade was ok, but not enticing; the calamari was too deep fried and not enough taste although the dipping sauces were excellent. The beer was canned, the wine so so. For $100 I expected a lot more

With only a few choices on the menu, I would have expected much better quality.

Olathe, Kansas
“Excellent lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

This is an awesome place. I've lived here for 9months and the food I just ate was awesome. Steak sandwich for 7.50 with broccoli salad was awesome. Got a pumpkin scone for 1.95. Delish!

Highly reccomend. Can't wait to try their afterhours menu at this point.

1 Thank Heather C
Valrico, Florida
“not a bad date night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

went here a while back (still accepting restaurant.com). A small place with a nice atmosphere. The band (Hot Sun Quartet) was great and the food was very good but small in portion size. Honestly would only go back if another groupon/restaurant.com deal was available.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank R B
SavoryAdventures, Front Office Manager at Della's Delectables, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Della's After Dark reopened in April 2013 under the direction of Executive Chef Debbie Frangipane. We hope you will come visit us, as portion sizes have certainly increased. We still have live jazz, and the menu still has a French and Italian base. With items such as Shrimp and Grits (pork-stuffed, bacon-wrapped roasted shrimp over creamy herbed polenta) and Seared Duck Breast with duck confit ravioli in a creamy Gorgonzola sauce, and of course Steak au Poivre, we hope you will enjoy your next date night in the new Della's After Dark.
Tampa, Florida, United States
“A lovely night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I went here after reading wonderful reviews on yelp and we wanted something different, classy and romantic. So we were greeted by the manager (or owner) he was very nice, checked us into our reservation and seated us in a nice spot. The Jazz band was wonderful and I truly enjoyed listening to their tunes. Our waiter was delightful, we were given some bread with peppers & olives (boyfriend loved it) along with a small sample of soup (delicious) we ordered a flat-bread appetizer which was wonderful, full of flavor and beautifully displayed. Unfortunately, the big downfall & the reason it was rated 4 out of 5 stars was the wait for our food. We waited about 45 minutes (after we finished our appetizer) to receive our entrees. Once we got them, we didn't have proper utensils (knives) and I was missing cheese on my pasta (no biggie). John, my partner had the duck, in which he loved! I had a bite of it as well, very tender and seasoned perfectly. I wish they served the ravioli's by themselves because I would of eaten a bowl of them by themselves (absolutely amazing) as for me, I had the Pasta Bolognese. Basically a meat sauce with three different meats (veal, pork and lamb) I personally found it just "okay" the flavor was wonderful but it didn't provide the "wow" I was looking for. None the less, I enjoyed it. We decided to opt out for dessert, but overall it was a great experience.

• Visited August 2013