“Good homemade ice cream”

The Revolution Ice Cream Co.
Ranked #3 of 16 Dessert in Brandon
Reviewed June 7, 2013

If you want to try something outside of the norm this ice cream shop has some good innovative flavors. The shop is very unique in that everything has it's own spin on it from the decor, the paintings on the wall. The owner's grandmother was a painter and if you look closely you might recognize some familiar faces. It's always nice to support a small local business.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I went here tonight with the family. The ice cream is terrible, more like ice milk with little flavor. In addition, the owners two sons who are four and five annoyed my family the whole time we were trying to hang out. They picked on my son for dripping some ice cream on his pants (he's 3) and then ran around with a black permanent marker all over the shop.
I'm all about family-friendly, but his kids were rude and it was awkward trying to eat ice cream in a sofa. I will not be back to this location, I am all about supporting local businesses, but this one sucks!

1  Thank Howiedaria32
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This place was hyped up on Facebook and in the local newspapers so we thought we'd try it. The location is hidden so you have to know where you are going. They definitely need better signage.

There were two of us. I had the "The best Dang Vanilla you'll ever had" or something to that affect. I was excited to have it but was disappointed. It was more icy than creamy and definitely wasnt the best I'd ever had. It was good but it did not meet the expectations of its name.

Now, the Chocolate . . . now that was the best dang Chocolate I'd ever had! I dont remember the name of the Chocolate but it was chocolate ice cream with brown bites, chocolate chips and I dont know what else but OMG it was good!

We will have to try it again to see how the other flavors were. Some sounded interesting. Vanilla with bacon, Yams!, one even has wine in it!

1  Thank Tinkerbell1391
Reviewed April 7, 2013

It's always an easy decision for me when walking into a normal run of the mill ice cream place....it's either chocolate or mint chocolate. There is never anything more exciting than that.

And then you walk into Revolution Icecream....BAM your life changes just like that.
Located in a plaza that basically shuts down after 5pm, this place is deee-freaking-licious. The icecream is not only homemade (by the owner, mind you), but they always have the most interesting flavors. The flavors rotate depending on what they have on hand, but my absolute favorite is always the Curried Sky. This is a vanilla ice cream base with the flavor of curry that punches you in the face with the first bite; topped with a crunchy toasted curried coconut. Are you not THAT adventurous? They have a fantastic roasted strawberry, chocolate shock (chocolate icecream, brownies, and chocolate chips), banana pudding, vanilla....I could go on and on.

And don't miss Porky's Delight. Remember the saying, "Everything is better with bacon" ? Yep. Even ice cream is better with bacon, I promise you. And then you add homemade bacon brittle! Not "crazy" enough for you? Try it in a milkshake with their Pump up the Yam and it will scream THANKSGIVING inside your mouth that it will make you want to spank your mama!

What I'm trying to say is go there. It's that simple.

1  Thank jennifer n