“Down Home Food and lots of it”
Review of Cheddar's - CLOSED

Cheddar's
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Ocala, Florida
“Down Home Food and lots of it”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

The restaurant was very busy but the staff were cheerful and attentive. The menu was varied with something on it for everyone. The entrée portions were large. It was very noisy and the waiter did not get one of the orders correct. Something needs to be done to manage the noise level. Aside from that, it was a great meal.

• Visited December 2013

Parrish, Florida
“FABULOUS SERVICE, NOISY AND JUST GOOD FOOD”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Four of us were there last night. Onion rings were excellent. The entree dishes were good to very good. I had the shrimp, cold slaw, and red rice and beans. I was more impressed with the beginnings and the side dishes. My beer battered shrimp were just OK in my book. Only OK taste, and some of the batter seemed undone and mushy. My wife brought much of her chicken tenders home as it was too much for her to eat there. The brocoli cheese caserole is OK. The entire place was noisy and hurry scurry. If you want good food and don't mind the noise, give this location with an extensive and very well varied menu a try.

• Visited January 2014
“A lot of food for your money!”
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Very large food portions with lots of choices. Some of the vegetable side dishes are the best things on the menu. All pasta dishes are great as well. Have the Cookie Monster for dessert and you will not be disappointed. The restaurant does get busy so service may take a little longer but always friendly.

• Visited December 2013
Ohio
“Average Food & Atmosphere In A Crowded Space”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

There are so many options for dining in the "mid-priced, comfort food, pub atmosphere" space that Cheddars must step-up their game or they'll lose their client base. We had dinner there last night and sat in the bar area to avoid any wait (they were busy, I'll admit). I usually love sitting in the bar area at a high top, soaking in the pub atmosphere. But I found this atmosphere to be sterile, overly bright, and decidedly un-cozy. The menu is bar food-ish with a few more upscale items. Service was about average and our server appeared to be stretched a bit too thinly. I had a pasta dish which was just average. No one in our group had much to say about their meal - which I take as a negative. The price was certainly low, however. The next time I'm looking for dinner in this space - I'll try somewhere else. My take is that Cheddars has nothing special to offer diners and what they do deliver they deliver in a very average fashion. I can point to nothing as a positive distinguishing feature of the restaurant. As for the name "Cheddars"…where did that come from? It feels sort of Italian but the restaurant isn't. Maybe I just don't get it?

• Visited November 2013
North Miami Beach, Florida
“good atmosphere.”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

tasty food, good atmosphere. good work of waiters. all very smiling, polite.
quickly prepared food, all very tasty.

• Visited September 2013