“Angelina's is closed” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
lakeland, fl
“Angelina's is closed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2011

Angelina's was our favorite Italian restaurant - our go-to place in Brandon (we live in Lakeland, about a 30 minute drive). We've gone there for the last 10 years and, sadly, the last time we went in June, it was horrible. The service was terrible, the food was awful -- definitely not up to our usual experience at this restaurant. It's so sad that this restaurant has gone so downhill. I received an email from restaurant.com today informing me that the restaurant had closed and to turn in my gift certificate for another restaurant. What a shame!

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank swancity

Fort Walton Beach, Florida
“Go elsewhere”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2011

Never many cars in front, but decided to give it a try. I called ahead of time for a pick up order. 45 minutes later, they still had not begun to make it. Only one table had customers. The pizza was hardly cooked in the middle. The taste was not worth the wait. The decor looked as though it had not been redone on the last 15 years. Wait staff was not apologetic to my extra waiting time. Will not visit there again.

• Visited April 2010
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank maxona
Tampa, Florida
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2010

I had dinner at Angelina's last night and everything was above my expectations. The Calamari was perfectly prepared and the Cernia al Forno was out of this world. I plan to return soon.

Tampa, FL
“Terrible service and mediocre food at best!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2009

My husband and I decided to give Angelina's a try simply b/c the lines at Olive Garden and Macaroni Grill were out the door and what a mistake that decision was! I would have rather waited 2 hours somewhere else than waste my time and money at this shack. From the moment we walked in the door the troubles began: We were first seated at a table for 4 and then kindly asked to move to the booth next to us b/c our daughter fell asleep and needed to lay down. The waitress reluctantly said yes and with in a minute of sitting down the large, to put it politely, Italian owner or as they call him the "Boss" came over and rudely asked if we had asked for permission to move tables. Since when do I, a paying customer, need permission to move tables? Then the owner sat at the bar with one of his buddies and gave us dirty looks while whispering to his friend like a child. The friend then proceeded to turn around and join in on the staring contest. We then sat there with our salads in front of us but no silverware or napkins. After about 10 minutes my husband had to get up and get silverware off of the table next us. When the food arrived my husband had finished his drink and his glass sat empty the remainder of the meal. The meat in the lasagna was gristly and chewy. Also, the bread had entirely too much garlic! The price was about twice what it should have been and the food was not worth it. I will never step foot in this place ever again! I hope this review proves helpful in making your decision as to which italian restaurant to choose. Angelina's is not the best choice among the many italian restaurants in the area.

4 Thank bmayfiel
Tampa, FL
“WORST SERVICE EVER and mediocre food at best”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2009

My husband and I just moved to Tampa from Dallas TX and decided to give Angelina's a try, simply b/c Olive Garden and Macaroni Grill had waits out the door and let me tell you what a mistake this decision was! I would have rather waited 2 hours somewhere else than waste my time and money at this shack. From the moment we walked in the door the problems began: We were first seated at a table for 4 and politely asked if we could sit in the booth next to the table b/c our daughter had fallen asleep; the waitress reluctantly said yes and after sitting down the manager/owner walks up to us and rudely asks if we asked permission to move. Since when do I, a paying customer, need permission to move tables? We then sat there with our salads in front of us with no silverware or napkins. Finally my husband had to get up after about 5 minutes and get the silverware off of the table next to us. In the meantime the large, putting it nicely, Italian owner was giving me dirty looks and was talking about us to one of his buddies at the bar who then took it upon himself to join in on the staring contest. Once the food arrived my husband sat there with an empty drink for the remainder of the meal. The lasagna meat was gristly and chewy and if you ask me not good at all. The bread had entirely too much garlic on it and the "house" dressing was disgusting. I will never step foot in this place ever again...oh and by the way the food was extremely over priced! I hope that this review saves you your time and money.

1 Thank bmayfiel