“Great Deli Food Too”

Moreno Bakery
Ranked #1 of 16 Dessert in Brandon
Cuisines: Cuban, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: We offer coffee, pastries, cookies, cakes, pies, sandwiches, soups, salads, and hot food. No matter what time of day you can come in to enjoy breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert or a snack.
“Great Deli Food Too”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

My favorite sandwich is the 8" Media Noche $6.00
Pork, Ham, Salami, Swiss cheese, Sliced Dill Pickles, and Moreno Mayonnaise. Pressed or Cold on delicious Media Noche roll. (do yourself a favor: add onions and have them press it)
Big enough for my wife and I to share, especially if we get a meat pie or ham crochet on the side.

Of course the bakery is incredible. Try the guava and cream cheese pastry, or if you're a chocolate nut like me, get the Almond Joy Bon-Bon or be a hero and bring a Chocolate Mousse Cake to the party.

Tampa, Florida
“Nice assortment, average tasting”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Keep in mind that this is a large bakery with many items and I have only been to the newly expanded store a few times and have tried 9 or 10 different things. While I would qualify their vast and varied selection as above average, I would qualify the overall taste of the products as average. Nothing that I've tried was bad but nothing was "out-of-this-world" either.

They have a nice selection of giant cupcakes. I tried 4 and they were all fine but nothing special. Icing and cake both average tasting. Several of the things I tried filled my taste buds with sweetness rather than flavor. The rugelach and the Cuban bread, however, were the exception to what I tried; both being very good. The rugelach was tasty; I think I tried all of the different kinds, with my favorite being the apricot. One word about the rugelach is that I believe they are sold by the piece, rather than by the pound....(at least that is what my receipt indicated)....however, if they are going to be sold by the piece, there needs to be more consistency with size. I had a few raspberry ones that were the size of a quarter and were much smaller than typical rugelach and than the others in the case.

Ordering is a little chaotic in that you have to catch someone's eye to be helped when they are busy. With people all around looking in the display cases, it's not like you can form one line. There are people standing around everywhere so it's hard to tell who has been helped, who hasn't, who's next, etc. On one visit, I waited a very long time for a cup of coffee.

One thing that is a huge downside to me is that there are no prices on any of the bakery items in the displays. You walk around trying to make your selections before you ask someone to help you with your order and it would be helpful to know prices. It's inconvenient, not to mention inefficient on their end, for customers to have to ask..."how much is this? how much is that?", especially since there are so many items. I'm not sure the wisdom there on not displaying prices, but most people want to know the cost of what they're buying.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank DiningInFlorida
Valrico, Florida
“Birthday cake”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I have visited Moreno's several times since it moved for lunches and have found them exceptional. I try to avoid the pastries in general, but sometimes a crime horn is calling me.
My birthday was yesterday and my daughter bought my cake there. The cake was visually appealing, and it was 4 layers. The actual cake part was tasty, but the frosting was not good at all.my whole family agreed. I am a self admitted frosting lover in general, but even I did not finish it. I

Tampa, Florida
“Tampa Bay's Best Bakery”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Folks, you simply will not find better baked goods and fresh sandwiches than here at Moreno Bakery. You will be hard pressed to walk out ordering only one item. There display cases house what seems like hundreds of freshly prepared items, all decorated to tempt your taste buds. And, the service staff is young and friendly. #LonnieLedford

Seneca, South Carolina
“Calories? Forget about it!”
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Seriously, this is a great Cuban bakery. All of my faves like flan, elephant ears, black & white cookies, Cuban sandwiches are here - plus a lot more. Prices are reasonable. Don't even go there if you're compelled to think calories. You'll either be frustrated or defeated.