“Great sweets--OK lunch”

Moreno Bakery
Ranked #1 of 16 Dessert in Brandon
Cuisines: Cuban, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: We offer coffee, pastries, cookies, cakes, pies, sandwiches, soups, salads, and hot food. No matter what time of day you can come in to enjoy breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert or a snack.
Reviewed October 6, 2013

5 for the bakery and 3 for lunch is why I rated them a 4. The bakery items are sensational, but the sandwiches we had were just OK. Good size and lots of meat, just average however. We had the media noche on egg bread--maybe it was the bread? Will try a Cuban sandwich next time.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I can highly recommend this place. All of the bread and pastries are made on premises and are excellent. Try one of their memorable Cuban sandwiches! Another great bargain are the cupcakes. They are huge (absolutely enough for two) and are really inexpensive. This bakery just moved to their current location and expanded. You can't go wrong with any bread or baked goods at this place!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We visit all the time and love the service and all of the food we have tried. We recently ordered a cake and were a little let down. The cake was over 60$ for about 1/4 sheet and the layers were so sloppy that the cake crumbled into pieces when we cut it. Also , it seems as though the cherry filling should be listed as cherry pie filling! Not the worst cake ever, but not worth the price.

2  Thank Eacol
Susan M, Owner at Moreno Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

We have tried to contact the customer regarding his disappointment with the cake and have left a message for him. As of yet he has not returned our call. We hope to speak with him so that we can address his disappointment. This was the first we knew that there was an issue.

Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

The food and the service is great. The staff will help you with all of your questions. Comfort food that will make everyone happy:)

Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Okay I know they have bread, make sandwiches or some other food..... But if the smell of the sweets doesn't knock you on the floor and have you pointing saying "One of those and one of those and..." Cookies, pies for one, cupcakes and Neapolitans all kinds of pastries all kinds of flavors. It is small but so what. I wanted to fill a white box with goodies and take them home. There was no pushing or shoving and for every customer there was a friendly face waiting to help you fill your order. I have to go back. I haven't tried everything and I dream of the blueberry gooey cake. Maybe one day I will try that real Cuban food they have. Worth every pound I've gained!