“Best German Food I've had here in the US”

Taste of Berlin German Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 309 Restaurants in Brandon
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are the first German Restaurant in Brandon Fl. Come and Enjoy Schnitzel, Sauerbraten , Bratwurst , Applestrudel all homemade and more . German Beer and Wine . We have Lunch Special's from Wednesday - Friday 11.30 -2.30 To our beloved customers, we accept under the amount of $20.00 Only in cash. We accept only Debit Visa and Master card. Up charge for sharing $3.00 Up charge for substitute $1.00 Thank you for understanding
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We ate at Taste of Berlin for the first time Christmas 2012. Hands down fabulous service, great atmosphere and the food was AMAZING!!! Real authentic German food was impossible to find.... until now!!!!!

1  Thank CarolaD1272

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We just discovered Taste of Berlin although, apparently, it has been tucked away in Brandon for 2 years. And what a great find it was! We used to drive 20 miles to enjoy authentic German food, but now find it in our own backyard! While we were there, we ran into several friends who dine at Taste of Berlin frequently, so it is a favorite for many in Brandon.

The smallish cafe is bright and cheerful, with a homey appeal. The staff are genuine and lovely. The chef even came by tableside to make sure everything was to our liking.

My husband and I each had schnitzel -- he chose weiner schnitzel, and I, the jaeger schnitzel. Both were delectable! Accompanied by spaeztle and red cabbage -- it was a wonderful meal. The portions size was very generous, enough to take some home. We shared the German chocolate cake for dessert, which provided a great finish to our meal.

My only quasi-complaint is the wine list -- very sparse, with 3 whites and 3 reds, and only by the glass.

All in all, a great meal! We will certainly return soon!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Had a customer in the Brandon area and needed somewhere for a quick lunch. I was actually heading somewhere else when I saw Taste of Berlin. Craving bratwurst, I gave it a try! AWESOME! The sausage was snappy, the kraut perfectly balanced and the bread was crisp on the outside, soft on the inside. I will be back!

2  Thank BadKreuznachBaby
Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

A group of nine of us enjoyed superb service, and fabulous food. Definitely authentic,and everything tasted fresh and homemade. Don't skip dessert, no matter how full you are! German chocolate cake, apple strudel, plum cake. Mmmmm

1  Thank slouch
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

I don't eat Germany food very often, but this place was great! The best bratwurst I have ever had in my entire life! Definitely recommended.

2  Thank DANIEL S