“Real Deal German in Florida!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Taste of Berlin German Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 299 Restaurants in Brandon
Cuisines: German, European, Central European
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: To our beloved customers, we accept under the amount of $20.00 Only in cash. We accept only Debit Visa and Master card. Up charge for sharing $3.00 Up charge for substitute $1.00 Thank you for understanding
Brandon, Florida, USA
“Real Deal German in Florida!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

I recently went to Taste of Berlin and have to admit that I had been dragging my feet. Having lived in Germany and being accustomed to the normal attempt at German cooking in most U.S. restaurants, I thought that this would just be more of the mediocre same. I was stunned to be very wrong. This is a terrific German restaurant with better German food than you will find in most restaurants in Germany. The chef-owner is a culinary trained big hotel chef from Berlin and he is truly a pro. I tasted the sauerbraten as well as the jaeger schnitzel. Both were excellent. The red cabbage was the very best that I have ever eaten anywhere, and the homemade spaetzle were also excellent. For desert I had an authentic German apple strudel that was terrific. I can highly recommend this place for anyone who enjoys German food or who simply wants to try an excellent version of it. I will certainly go back many times particularly for the $9.50 schnitzel special for lunch on Wednesday. A high quality schnitzel at that price is an excellent bargain and the schnitzel here is some of the best I have eaten.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank chio5200

Brandon, Florida
“love their food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

We are lucky when chef prepares Hoxen. It is my husbands favorite and mine now too! I must say they don't fix their potato salad as I had come to expect with the warm bacon dressing, etc but all their food is great.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Kathy E
Venice, Florida
“Worth a side trip for out-of-towners”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

My wife and I had tickets to Tampa's Straz Theater and were looking for an interesting dining experience on our drive up from Venice FL. This restaurant was a bit out of our way and the traffic was rush hour. But well worth the side trip. The staff was very friendly and open, the chef came to our table, all was a delight. My wife commented it was the best German food we had tried in the USA and I have to agree.

A good choice for our (pre) Valentine's dinner and the theater experience.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank feathersman
Tampa, Florida
“Superb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

Being American from German descent I chose this restaurant to spend my 50th birthday. I was NOT disappointed! Made my birthday complete and perfect.The atmosphere was comfortable and clean! The staff was was friendly and the service was quick. The chef visited our table which we enjoyed. I loved the German music playing in the background, the perfect touch. The food is excellent! I highly recommend this establishment! I will definetly being visiting again!!!

• Visited February 2014
Brandon, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic and Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

This is the place to eat in Brandon, a gem among nothing but chain restaurants. It is authentic, with a true culinary artist as the chef. Everything on the menu is delicious. I've literally tasted everything and I can't complain. Holger cooks better than my Oma in Germany.
It's also beautifully decorated and clean. Be sure to order extra sides with your meal, a la carte. The portions are hearty. A tasty German beer and the perfect Apple Strudl to go with it makes for the full German experience.
The staff almost completely German so if you know a few words they are happy to practice with you and talk about their homeland. What a wonderful place to have homemade perfection on a plate!

1 Thank thatgermangirl86