“Authentic and Fantastic!”

Taste of Berlin German Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 308 Restaurants in Brandon
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: To our beloved customers, we accept under the amount of $20.00 Only in cash. We accept only Debit Visa and Master card. Up charge for sharing $3.00 Up charge for substitute $1.00 Thank you for understanding
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

This is the place to eat in Brandon, a gem among nothing but chain restaurants. It is authentic, with a true culinary artist as the chef. Everything on the menu is delicious. I've literally tasted everything and I can't complain. Holger cooks better than my Oma in Germany.
It's also beautifully decorated and clean. Be sure to order extra sides with your meal, a la carte. The portions are hearty. A tasty German beer and the perfect Apple Strudl to go with it makes for the full German experience.
The staff almost completely German so if you know a few words they are happy to practice with you and talk about their homeland. What a wonderful place to have homemade perfection on a plate!

1  Thank thatgermangirl86
There are newer reviews for Taste of Berlin German Restaurant

Reviewed January 16, 2014

We have dined at this restaurant several times and never been disappointed. I am an American living in Germany. The service is fast and friendly. The food is good and on par with the food I eat in German restaurants. At our last meal there, my mother had German potato salad that she said was better than her own. My schnitzel and spaetzle were tasty and I couldn't eat it all. The food servers were very attentive and the owners also came out and talked to us. All in all a great experience.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Our party of six thought we would experience good German food and found this restaurant to be average in many ways and totally lacking in others. Several in party ordered jaeger schnitzel which had a good taste but had very few mushrooms and a small portion of spaetzle. Another had the pork roast which was extremely fatty. The order of goulash proved to be well liked.

What we found disappointing were the following:
- denied opportunity to make any substitutions to menu offering
- wine and beer offering pricey and very limited to just a few German brands
- a menu which was very limited with no chicken or fish dishes
- a staff which was curt and not customer oriented
- claims to offer only German dishes yet served on small plate of French baguette

1  Thank 100nations
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We went to this restaurant for New Years Eve dinner and enjoyed it immensely. We are visiting our family in Florida so we got a medley of different dishes so we could try them all and, I've got to say, that everything sampled was delicious, authentic German food. The only drawback was the waitress we had who seemed to have a bad attitude but, aside from that, I have no negative comments to make. If you want authentic German food at affordable prices, this is the place for you; we will definitely be back!

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I enjoyed this restaurant very much. It was very much a wonderful home-cooked meal type of location. The prices, however, may be the demise of this location. While the food is good, I cannot rationalize going to spend almost $100 for my family of four to eat breaded pork cutlets. I see this as a once in a while location and often those do not last in Brandon. You need to be able to have a solid customer base and I do not know that it can be affordable for the mass. With that being said, it may be small enough (only about 10 tables) that it will be able carry the overhead for occasional customers. If that is the case, I may be back, but definitely not often. The waitress also seemed to be selective as to with whom she behaved courteously. She was very cold with us, but very pleasant with 'return' customers. You would think that she would be courteous with everyone as this is what brings back most 'return' customers, even when it is costly. Nevertheless, it may be worth your trying at least once to see if it is worth it to you, especially if you love supporting small independent businesses as my family and I like to do.

1  Thank TravelAlways2016