“Surprise, surprise”

Taste of Berlin German Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 302 Restaurants in Brandon
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: To our beloved customers, we accept under the amount of $20.00 Only in cash. We accept only Debit Visa and Master card. Up charge for sharing $3.00 Up charge for substitute $1.00 Thank you for understanding
STUART
“Surprise, surprise”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Tucked away in a small shopping center just south of US 60 in Brandon is this authentic German restaurant that will have you wanting to come back for more. Authentic food, beer and wine and good service from lovely folks. Will come back here again, for sure.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank BRUCE H

Montrose, Pennsylvania
“Real Mashed Potaoes!!!And Delicious Gravy and KRAUT”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Enjoyed a beautiful luncheon meal ,served by "Amanda"the most delightfully friendly and helpful waitress.
The chief even came out to make sure we were fully satisfied. Our meal- Hot and deliciously authenticly german..was reasonably priced, $33..for two with coffee . Our meal was served with REAL mashed potatoes and brauts and saurkraut. Thanks to a trip advisor recommendation we tried this place. it was well worth it! Didn't need to go out for dinner......we were full!
Very clean rest rooms to. A good indication of a clean kitchen.
Small and I would go back!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank EVKMIA
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Berlin has come to Brandon -- my reaction, Danke Shoen”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I started with a nice German Beer, and the Potato soup with vegetables and German Sausage, a nice starting point of what was yet to come. My father had a German classic, Jäger Schnitzel, and I had the daily special, a Trio Platter consisting of Berliner Kohlroulade which was meat stuffed inside cabbage with bacon gravy, Bratwurst Sausage with homemade sauerkraut, and the Schweinebraten which was a Bavarian pork roast with bread dumplings and red cabbage with mashed potatoes. I honestly cannot remember what my stepmother had to eat, but I did taste it, and it was very good. For dessert, I had some German coffee, and the Berliner Apfelstrudel with whipped cream and Vanilla Ice Cream. Read the rest of my review at winedineandplay.blogspot.com.

Enjoy folks

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Sean O
“Great German food”
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

My first time in an authentic German restaurant - and it won't be the last! I had the stuffed cabbage rolls and mashed potatoes, which was very tasty and generous portion. The cost was $14. for the meal, which I felt was pretty typical. The other two in my party had different meals, and both agreed the quality was excellent!

5 Thank Keystonecanoer
Lakeland, FL
“Lunch was just OK”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I ordered the Veal Loaf grilled with a fried egg and COLD German Potato Salad. It reminds me of a grilled Spam and fried egg breakfast, and I did not get any toast with it. Side order of Red Cabbage was tasty, but the cabbage has no body, quite mushy. It might be an "off" day.

• Visited February 2013