“The place might be small but the food and value are HUGE”

Romano's Greek Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 319 Restaurants in Brandon
Cuisines: Greek, Italian
Reviewed January 25, 2013

A long time friend recommened we visit Romano's the next time we weree in Tampa....Well a short 16 mile drive from Dale Mabery Ave and the Yankee baseball complex and we were at the door. Follow the GPS, it is a tad difficult to find. Located behind the bigger store on the main road...Drive into Publix lot and make a left. With only a dozen tables it fills up quickly. Come early. Chef Angelo is MARVELOUS....I feasted on the Seafood Marinara and my companion on simply spaghetti and meat balls. I am not a huge fan of Italian food in Florida. So many times there is something missing, but Angelo's sauce is wonderful. Add a pinch of salt it gets even better. My seafood was GREAT. Well cleaned and fresh. With a salad and garlic bread and each of us with a glass of red wine the bill was just over $50. Oh yes, the service was also great. Ask for Alexis..She knows the menu....and the specials. Now there is probably 2000 places in Tampa and Brandon to eat dinner. Next time you're in town...make Romano's one of the places you dine...FABALOUS!

1  Thank JAMES L

Reviewed December 4, 2012

The wife and I, on a whim, decided to try Romano's on a recent Saturday evening. Romano's is small but not very intimate so don't expect lots of atmosphere. However, we weren't disappointed!

We started with the Caesar salad. For the entree, I had the stuffed grouper with a side of spaghetti and my wife had the seafood marianna.

My grouper was superb and much more than I really needed. I ended up taking half of the grouper and all of my spaghetti home for the next day's lunch (it was still very good). My wife brought half of her meal home, too. This place serves gigantic proportions. My wife was a little disappointed because she thought the marianna overpowered the flavor of the seafood.

With drinks and tip, the meal was $50, but we did get 4 meals! I would recommend Romano's to anyone wanting good food at a very reasonable price. An added bonus was the servers. They were prompt without being pushy, knew the menu, and were very helpful with menu suggestions.

1  Thank ED M
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I go here fairly often for lunch and it is consistently good. The Chef and Greek salads, lemon orzo soup, pitta bread with onions & tomato are my favorite.

1  Thank Paula33559
Reviewed September 24, 2012

If you know Brandon, there is the only open Blockbuster on Brandon Blvd, but you might not know what is hiding in the plaza behind it. If you are looking for AMAZING Greek dishes and some AMAZING Italian food for a great price. Drive around the other side and you will find a little restaurant called Romano's. George is the owner and is a GREAT guy and his staff and family there are wonderful.

You get more food than you can possibly eat. And beware...the small Greek salad is big enough for 2 people. So, hurry in and check it out. I am not going to say anything else...I don't need to. It's great!

1  Thank briankalish
Reviewed August 18, 2012

This place is truly a mom and pop hidden gem in Brandon. The food is always flavorful and cooked to perfection. I absolutely love the chicken parm sub, its huge cheesy saucy deliciousness and I can't get enough of it. The staff is always pleasant. Great greek salads, although they have a big scoop of potato salad underneath the greek salad so you've been warned. As an added bonus it's adjacent to Moreno's bakery which is the best bakery in Brandon. Can't go wrong here folks

1  Thank Tweet820