“Rude on the Phone so I decided to stay somewhere else” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon

Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Brandon
San Diego, California
“Rude on the Phone so I decided to stay somewhere else”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I called your hotel so I could request a photo of your ADA roll in shower so that I can ensure that it is usable for my husband who's confined to a wheelchair.

Eleanor who answered the phone didn't seem willing to fulfill my small request. All I was told is that the rooms are occupied, they couldn't take a photo and the only photos available are online. I expressed that we are not coming for a month and would like to have the photo, but she seemed unwilling to help. I told her that she didn't seem very accommodating so I would call another hotel and she just hung up. If that's any indicator of how we would be treated as guests, no thank you. I called the Residence Inn & Suites and they were very helpful.

Nice customer service!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank opal0803
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
We appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. Please accept our most sincere apologies for not fulfilling your request due to occupancy of that specific room type. In order for us to protect the privacy of our guests, we cannot take photos of an occupied room. Please be sure that the next time we encounter such an issue, we will try our best to find a solution that satisfies your needs. We will be working with our staff to ensure that they are providing each guest with the superior service they deserve.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so we really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us at bnd@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with better customer service the next time you need assistance.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

The newly remodeled rooms were nice and comfortable and have a kitchenette which is great with kids. The location is EXCELLENT if you are visiting the area, safe and lots and lots of stores, food, entertainment nearby. The front desk was wonderful. We didn't realize we had a broken microwave until we were settled in and it was disappointing as I brought food, but for the great rate we got online for this hotel it was a excellent value compared to the hotels around it, we even added a night to our stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
The team and I appreciate your wonderful review. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our newly renovated rooms. It is great to know that you found our hotel satisfactory in all aspects. Also, we are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed the location and that you were able to take advantage of the great places to see. Please accept our apologies that your microwave did not work. I will be meeting with our maintenance staff to ensure this does not continue in the future. Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Asheville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I made a reservation at this hotel 1 month in advance. We needed a specific size room. Upon arrival we were told the size room we requested was not available, but a smaller one was. The desk clerk kept going behind the wall to talk to someone else when we expressed our displeasure, that someone never came out to speak directly to us. When we asked why our room was not available we were told that they had over booked. We cancelled our reservation and left. Very disappointed in the way the whole thing was handled. Will never book with this hotel chain again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Brenda D
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Brenda - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for the booking issues that you experienced during the check-in process. In response to your feedback, I will meet with the staff to review our reservations policy to ensure your experience is not repeated. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, bnd@extendedstay.com.

Again, thank you for the comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Good place compared to the places around here when i called and asked for a room the service desk suggested to go inline to book and saved alot of money doing that much appreciated rooms clean pretty big overall good stay only thing i could see is for the smokers room they leave the room open and we had alot of live bugs in our room no big deal but like i said overall good stay

• Stayed May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Brandon – Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brandon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon Regency Park
Courtyard Tampa Brandon
Courtyard Tampa Brandon
#76 of 163 in Tampa
4.0 of 5 stars 99 reviews

Been to Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon? Share your experiences!