“Reliable sushi and service!”
Review of The Rack - CLOSED

The Rack
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Late Night
Description: There is a Rack in Hype Park which is part of Tampa. They opened this location around 8 months ago.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I love sushi and I can always count on The Rack - they aren't THE BEST IN TOWN but they are reliable, local and go through enough sushi that I can count on it being fresh. This is one of 2 locations in the Tampa area and I don't frequent the one in S. Tampa. The location in Brandon is convenient with lots of parking. Wednesday night is a GREAT night to go because they have half price sushi rolls and a motorcycle night! They have many specials throughout the week; live entertainment; and many areas to hang out. They have a patio with big screen tv's and a bar; inside is a large bar area; then the dining area / sushi bar; pool tables; Wii room and last but not least the back bar ... you could get lost in this place. It's also a great place to organize group or work related parties / get togethers / birthday parties.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

This place has gone to pots! Both Rack locations have seriously changed (hell, maybe it's just me, but I doubt it), and not for the better.

The staff at the Brandon location (upon my recent visit), couldn't muster a smile between the lot of them. The place was dead and the National Championship was on t.v!!!! Something doesn't add up. If people aren't flocking there to take advantage of the cheap deals and the massive sports game/match on telly, then something has clearly changed.

I loved the $5 Stella litres....yes a litre of Stella for $5! I also had some meatballs in a bbq sauce, but they smelt a great deal better than they tasted.

I knew something was wrong, when I arrived hoping to sit outside on a nice night and watch the game on the big telly, but was upset to see that outside was vacant and closed. Not even a smoker to be seen.

I don't live in Tampa, or Brandon, and I have nothing against the Rack, but both locations and the brand seem to be stagnant, if not rotting. I made a point to go both locations, during a 3 days visit, but won't be doing the same again sorry.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Cool place, interesting scene, but do not go here for the overpriced, crap sushi! Should have known a place with pool tables and a party in the parking lot was not the place to do to SU!!! PS stay with the beer, the bar was pouring for the house!!! ":( Average at best!!!

Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

This is a very nice bar with a large patio and pool tables. They have good drink and food specials. They have good music too. Very classy place.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

If you are looking for a great night out then this is a place to go with friends. I used to be a regular at both the S Tampa and Brandon locations until I moved away from Tampa/Brandon. I will agree with all who have said that the S Tampa location is definitely better (in general, but not at everything...it takes TEN TIMES as long on a busy night to get a drink in S. Tampa), but this is still a fine place to go. The food is not amazing but it doesnt need to be. They serve very late and have great specials. The 20dollar 'all you can eat and drink' from 9-11 is incredible in my opinion, and a wonderful deal.

I had chicken strips and fries, and chips and queso/salsa/sour cream, and a good 5-6 Svedka and cranberries all for 20 dollars. Can't beat that no matter how uninspiring the food was. I mean I ordered chicken strips, fries and nachos not much can be expected there.

There is a huge outdoor seating area with smoking allowed, a bar, and a big pull down projector t.v to watch the sports on, and inside they have numerous pool tables, a game room with Xbox, and (if you find it) a much quieter, trendier looking bar in the very back of the restaurant.

Not 5 star food and drink, but a great night out.