“Warm Greeting and Attentive Server”
Review of Sumatra Bistro Cafe & Bakery - CLOSED

Sumatra Bistro Cafe & Bakery
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Phone: (813) 655-6200
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

A good value supported by a modest menu that provides plentiful options. My first luncheon was rich with taste and seasoned beautifully.

1  Thank Lonnie L

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I enjoyed the brunch that I had there. It was very tasty and would return. My only complaint is that the restaurant advertises that they are all-natural and healthy, but I saw no explanation of this. The menu didn't saw the chicken was antibiotic-free etc. I would like to hear more about where their food comes from. Other than that, I recommend this restaurant

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Our Yoga group meets here about once a month, since they offer some healthy entrees such as salads and gluten free deserts. There are tables outside; which we prefer.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Went to breakfast around 9:30 with two others on 2/10/13. Not crowded at all & were promptly greeted. Coffee & hash browns were very good. Rest of food was average. The meals came with toast however bread was not "pre-buttered" which is ok, but at least have the butter & jelly on the table. Not a big deal, but flagged the waitress and about 10 minutes later, butter & jelly arrive but alas, the toast is now stone cold so that delicious melted butter on toast was nothing more than a wish. Another in the party found plastic in her fruit cup. Pointed it out to the waitress & she said she'd tell the cook. Really?
Then the bill comes & we were charged for an item we didn't receive. The item was removed, but still...
We had a similar sub-par experience about a month prior. You'd think we would have learned.... We have now.

1  Thank SPfromTampa
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Pleasant staff, reasonable prices and diverse menu. A good place to stop for Sunday brunch. The café was very busy with a few large tables when we arrived, but the waitress was still cheerful and attentive. I ordered the egg-white Sumatra omelet with red bell pepper, asparagus and mushrooms, which came with a side of fresh fruit and whole grain toast. The omelet was tasty, healthy, well-prepared -- worth the wait. For those with larger appetites, the breakfast menu also featured items such as German-style potato pancakes with applesauce and French toast made with whole grain bread. Worth the stop if you're in Brandon.