“excellent”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This was my first time visiting Taste of India and sampling Indian food. We shared Daal Saag (yellow lentils w/mild spinach sauce) and an order of garlic nan. My entree was Balti Baigan (eggplant & vegetables). I thoroughly enjoyed my first taste of Indian food. The restaurant was beautifully decorated and service was good. I hope to visit again.

There are newer reviews for Taste Of India

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I love Indian food, and while visiting Tampa, stumbled upon this gem. It is actually in Brandon...one exit away from the Port area. The lunch buffet was $11.95 and well worth it. They had a salad area with typical cucumber salads, lentil donuts, different chutneys and soup. Then they had an extensive hot food area...lots of vegetarian choices available also. Their vegetable saag and butter chicken were delicious! The dessert area had a rice pudding and several choices...The service was prompt and friendly and the place was clean. The decor is pretty amazing...even the ceiling is exquisite. You have to see it. We will definitely be back and highly recommend it! It sure makes the Indian food near home seem crappy!!!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

As a Brit living here, one of the things I missed most about London was great Indian food.Taste of India has great dishes with good portions and a varied menu.
Service can be a bit patchy, but their Lamb Pasanda makes it worth it.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I had the good fortune to go to lunch with a native Indian colleague, who translated and recommended for me. I'm not as adventurous a gourmet as some, so I'm often hesitant to try new venues, particularly those that use unfamiliar food sources and spices that can burst into spontaneous combustion. I tried small quantities of almost everything and liked them all, and went back for seconds on several. I still have no idea what I ate, really, but have learned enough to want to go back on my own.

1  Thank PhoebeAnn
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Great food and large selection. You won't leave hungry. Make sure you try the butter chicken & gobi munchurian they are my families favorite out of the dishes we have tried so far.