“Homey Getaway” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bungalow Beach Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Bungalow Beach Resort
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Bradenton Beach
Old Saybrook, Connecticut
“Homey Getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

We enjoyed our stay on the beach. We prefer staying somewhere that we can prepare breakfast and not have to go out for every meal. We especially enjoyed to atmosphere of a small resort that is less commercialized. They seem to think of everything - the room had a list that we could request any supplies we needed. They do not make the beds but that did not bother us. Very organized - provided a map of the area along with recommendations. Came out and found us on the beach to let us into our room early. Very clean and comfortable. Can't wait to go back.

3 Thank Becky42671

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Isanti, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

I was so excited to stay at a quaint little old Florida hotel. I would have given it a 1 had it not been for exceptional customer service. The room was fairly clean with the smallest shower I have ever been in. I am only 5'2" and the shower hit me directly in the face. I felt like I was drowning. No room to move at all and absolutely no way to shave your legs. The hot water tank is very small and I ran out of hot water after washing my hair. My husband is 6'1" and football player size. He was like a sardine packed in. They had a very nice comforter on the bed so I stayed warm. We were in room 106 and moved to 108 to try for a better shower. It too was very small but at least there was a tub that I could shave in. The day before we arrived we received an email stating they were going to be dredging the beach. Had we known that we would have stayed elsewhere as we paid the "big bucks" to stay on the beach. I used the TV and fans to try to drown out the noise as they work all night but I could not stop the continual earthquake feeling. I was awake all night. In the am I asked to allow us to move and we actually got a refund of our remaining stay. Hence the increase of grade for great customer service. The resort can not control the beach dredging so I did not hold that against them. We will not stay here again as the showers are just too small and the rooms are old. I understand they do have a few rooms with tubs and showers but they weren't available.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank travisanti
Bridgton, Maine
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

We stayed at Bungalow Beach a couple of days ago. I really should have taken pictures of the bungalow, but my camera wasn't working. This room was filthy! The toilet was disgustingly dirty and stained. I understand that this was almost directly on the beach, but before a new person comes in, it may be nice to at least clean and sweep the floor. They were covered in sand. The ice bucket had no liner in it, and had drips of something that we couldn't identify on the inside and out. When sitting on the little veranda outside, we noticed that the there was a big chunk out of the ceiling, where there was extensive rot. The woman in reception really had no idea where anything was in the area. She suggested a restaurant that was under construction. I know that this property is old, but it really needs help. I love small hotels and this fit the bill. They're cute little places, but it was ridiculously expensive for old and a little too funky.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank coneekay
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

I wanted to find a place, that was calm and relaxing to spend my boyfriends birthday. We needed a getaway from our crazy miami life, and this place was gorgeous. The sunsets are incredible, I could of sat in from of the water the whole day and be the happiest person. Even the sun rise is beautiful because the sky and water reflect each other. The rooms are just steps from the water, and the room was so cozy , cute , wouldn't mind living there.

I highly recommend this place as a romantic or couple getaway.

Room Tip: Our room had a cathedral roof which let the sunlight in and it gave the room a beautiful lighting fr...
2 Thank Danishowsu
Mount Vernon, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

We absolutely loved our bungalow. Loved walking at night in search of conch shells- found so many! It was a bit chilly during our trip, so we did not get into water- but walking the beach was something I will always remember. A very low-key, peaceful place to enjoy! Can't wait for our return trip we already decided upon, in same room!

Room Tip: There are no bad room choices!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Managua, Nicaragua
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

We very much enjoyed these intimate bungalows on the beach. Older Florida, clean and comfortable, a great experience for our family. The immaculately maintained 1930's property lends itself to relaxed comfort and a neighborly feel. No BIG CONDO here - clean, intimate, friendly, great beach. We loved it. Very comfortable bed. An ideal location, the free trolleys take you to all the businesses and restaurants, you can even walk back from Bradenton Beach center along the beach. Tip: We finally figured out that the decorative plates on the wall are not just for decoration you can eat off them. Enjoy your vacation!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank MHenzler
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

We had a wonderful experience at Bungalow Beach despite some chilly weather. The spot is beautiful and the staff was very hospitable. It was nice to walk to restaurants nearby or take advantage of relaxing on the beachfront chairs to watch the sunset. We enjoyed the firepit in the courtyard as well as the grills provided to cook our dinner. The bed was comfortable and the bungalow was clean and well maintained. We met other guests that felt the same way we did. We will definitely return to this gem of a resort.

Room Tip: Ask for beachfront king bed, you can't beat the view.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
#7 of 12 in Bradenton Beach
BridgeWalk a Landmark Resort
BridgeWalk a Landmark Resort
#1 of 12 in Bradenton Beach

Been to Bungalow Beach Resort? Share your experiences!