“Dirty by the beach...”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Bradenton Beach
Bridgton, Maine
“Dirty by the beach...”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We stayed at Bungalow Beach a couple of days ago. I really should have taken pictures of the bungalow, but my camera wasn't working. This room was filthy! The toilet was disgustingly dirty and stained. I understand that this was almost directly on the beach, but before a new person comes in, it may be nice to at least clean and sweep the floor. They were covered in sand. The ice bucket had no liner in it, and had drips of something that we couldn't identify on the inside and out. When sitting on the little veranda outside, we noticed that the there was a big chunk out of the ceiling, where there was extensive rot. The woman in reception really had no idea where anything was in the area. She suggested a restaurant that was under construction. I know that this property is old, but it really needs help. I love small hotels and this fit the bill. They're cute little places, but it was ridiculously expensive for old and a little too funky.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank coneekay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I wanted to find a place, that was calm and relaxing to spend my boyfriends birthday. We needed a getaway from our crazy miami life, and this place was gorgeous. The sunsets are incredible, I could of sat in from of the water the whole day and be the happiest person. Even the sun rise is beautiful because the sky and water reflect each other. The rooms are just steps from the water, and the room was so cozy , cute , wouldn't mind living there.

I highly recommend this place as a romantic or couple getaway.

Room Tip: Our room had a cathedral roof which let the sunlight in and it gave the room a beautiful lighting fr...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Danishowsu
Mount Vernon, Illinois
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We absolutely loved our bungalow. Loved walking at night in search of conch shells- found so many! It was a bit chilly during our trip, so we did not get into water- but walking the beach was something I will always remember. A very low-key, peaceful place to enjoy! Can't wait for our return trip we already decided upon, in same room!

Room Tip: There are no bad room choices!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Managua, Nicaragua
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We very much enjoyed these intimate bungalows on the beach. Older Florida, clean and comfortable, a great experience for our family. The immaculately maintained 1930's property lends itself to relaxed comfort and a neighborly feel. No BIG CONDO here - clean, intimate, friendly, great beach. We loved it. Very comfortable bed. An ideal location, the free trolleys take you to all the businesses and restaurants, you can even walk back from Bradenton Beach center along the beach. Tip: We finally figured out that the decorative plates on the wall are not just for decoration you can eat off them. Enjoy your vacation!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank MHenzler
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We had a wonderful experience at Bungalow Beach despite some chilly weather. The spot is beautiful and the staff was very hospitable. It was nice to walk to restaurants nearby or take advantage of relaxing on the beachfront chairs to watch the sunset. We enjoyed the firepit in the courtyard as well as the grills provided to cook our dinner. The bed was comfortable and the bungalow was clean and well maintained. We met other guests that felt the same way we did. We will definitely return to this gem of a resort.

Room Tip: Ask for beachfront king bed, you can't beat the view.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mari V
Burleson, TX
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We stayed over the New Years Eve week, and it took me a long time to find a place that would offer a quaint and cozy experience. I needed peace and quiet away from families with children and the "party crowd". I appreciated the fact that our bungalow had two bedrooms and two bathrooms... much needed for two women! It offered a small kitchenette with various utensils, and window units for all rooms, so we had individual control of our spaces. I really liked that it was within walking distance of Bridge St, and just steps from the beach. It is within a few hundred feet of a GREAT Indian restaurant (see my review), and the FREE trolley stop, which takes you to both ends of the Island. Also, they have a broom in the room so you can sweep up all that sand that you will bring in. Room service is non-intrusive, as you just leave your basket of used towels and a list of needed items out by your door and they quickly replace them and bring things you requested, such as more coffee.

I had issues with reservations and price hikes. I reserved this bungalow and was sent a confirmation of a price that had not yet been changed for their seasonal price increase. When my friend called just a few minutes later to pay her share, the price increased and they would not honor the original price quote, which did not make me happy. From experience I have learned to print out all communications, which I am glad I did, because upon check in, they tried to increase the price once again! Although they did not honor the original price quote, they did give us the SECOND price, plus 10% off since I have AAA.

I think this place was overpriced for what we got, and if I decide to go back to AMI, I will consider somewhere else.

Room Tip: the bungalows on the beach are worth it if you only need one room! the coast is on your patio! ta...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank freebyrd73
Rockledge, Florida
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This place is nice. It's small and has a low key feel to it. Which is just what I was looking for. The bungalow was really nice! It was a two bed, two bath. With a kitchenette. We weren't there much but to sleep, but it was nice having separate bedrooms. The property was nice and steps from the beach. There. Is a fire pit, but you have to buy your own firewood from publix. There are two grills next to the firepit, but I wouldn't use them. The utensils sat outside right next to the grill and They never moved, meaning they weren't cleaned or if they were, not well, and they looked grimy. I would buy or bring my own grilling utensils. Upon check in, the person at the front desk tried to tell us that we weren't quoted the NYE rate, and tried to change it. We've already paid for a night EACH when we made the reservation two months ago. Now they want to jack up the price on us at the last minute? We were not happy about them trying to do that. We did get the rate we were quoted from the owner though. (My friend had printed out the email confirmation)
I will say this, the day the temp went down over 20 degrees, my heater in my room went out. They don't have a full time maintenance person, but they did get him and a new heater in my room on the same day. The girl at the desk, (young, with brown hair) even stopped by with a little plug in heater so my room wouldn't be cold until. The repair guy got there. That was nice of her.

Room Tip: There isn't any daily maid service, if you need clean towels you put them in a basket outside yo...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
#4 of 12 in Bradenton Beach
Queen's Gate Resort
Queen's Gate Resort
#7 of 12 in Bradenton Beach

Been to Bungalow Beach Resort? Share your experiences!