The hotel is literally right on the beach! That was definitely the best part. We stayed in the south building, and our balcony overlooked the gulf. Nice room, clean & comfortable, didn't really use the kitchenette but it was nice and was stocked with dishes, silverware, pots & pans, etc.
The bathroom was cramped & laid out poorly, the sink was behind the door so you had to come in, close the door, then use the sink. I was also aggrivated by the front desk clerk when I asked if we could check out 1 hour late. Since I only saw 1 or 2 other occupied rooms in the whole place (it was 2 days after Labor Day), I thought it would be a no- brainer. However, she said the room was reserved, someone else was checking in and she couldn't let us stay that one extra hour. I wanted to swim in the gulf more!!! On the other hand, she did help me find directions to a place in St. Petersburg, so I appreciated that little extra help. Overall, I must say it was the best value for a hotel *on* the water. (P.S. Anna Maria has virtually no nightlife this time of year, but we had a great time closing down the Schnitzel Haus with some other German beer lovers.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now under new managment.Club Bamboo South - Where relaxation and fun begin! We are located directly on the Gulf of Mexico on Anna Maria Island, Florida. We are in the village of Bradenton Beach, just a mile North of Longboat Key, and close to all that Sarasota and Bradenton have to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Club Bamboo South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Bamboo Hotel Bradenton Beach
- Econolodge Bradenton Beach
- Club Bamboo South Anna Maria Island/Bradenton Beach, FL