“Run Down - No Service”

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Bradenton Beach
Trinity Fl
“Run Down - No Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2011

We paid $200 a night for a room where the carpet was filthy dirty. No house keeping. $200 a night & nothing , unless you pay $18 extra. your trash stays , no towels , no service. Pool area was run down with trash cans over flowing. Never , Ever a beach chair. theres about 10 and people put towels on them then leave for the day reservering for later in the day. No phones to call office. Even came out of the elevator & somebody took a dump by the elevator door. truely gross. the view was great the building was not. wouldnt stay again!

Room Tip: view is nice if you like a rundown hotel
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Sean B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Wolfeboro, New Hampshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2011

We have tried for two days now to reach this property by phone to make a reservation (we would be happy to reserve online but have some specific questions to ask) and no one ever answers the phone. We have left messages that include our name and phone number and do not get a return call. Not sure what the problem is here, and I hope everything is all right, but I cannot believe that business is so good that they are not worried about future reservations.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank pko57
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2011

I'm working in central Florida for a month and I had a short weekend off. I wanted to take a trip to the beach and stay in a hotel that didn't suck....like the one I'm in now. I called 4 hours before check in, they were very accomodating. If you are looking for value this is the best on the island for what you get. Trust me...I compared for hours the night before. Other places charge double and you aren't even on the beach. I really loved the room, it was huge and very modern which you cant tell by the way the outside looked. The bed was sooooo comfortable and the balcony was perfect. Very clean also! The large plasma screen helped too :) They were booked up and I had no problems with noise....although I'm sure during spring break etc it can get noisy. The pool is great so I suppose I would hang out there and have a few drinks at night...They allowed me a late check out and let me hang out at the pool and on the beach after I was out of my room. I will be back when I can spend more time here!!! It was so nice being on a non crowded beach for once! My only guff is I couldn't get wifi.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2010

We stayed here based on a referal from Blue Water Beach resort. This resort features large rooms with mini kitchens, small stoves full size fridges and granite breakfast bar. The bed was not the best quality, but they have two pull outs, one in the ottoman. The rooms were fine, and nice, not brand new, and the carpets need replacing but they are nice. We had two rooms on the end on the 2nd floor. Really close to the stairs and parking lot. 124 and 125.

The strange thing with a beach resort - no beach towels. Also no beach chairs during turtle season. I was surprised when the manager told me they are locked up because the county will ticket them $1000 for leaving a chair on the beach. But I would have brought mine back in, if only given the option. Apparently there is really no staff available to go bring them in at night. (keep that in mind if you really need 24/7 service).

So, save yourself $100 - $200 a night and enjoy a great stay here. Plus they have a great pool too.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2010

This was our second time staying at Club Bamboo-last year was our first. The rates have increased and the service has decreased-to no service at all! I was expecting the staff to at least change our towels and take out the garbage. I was told that was an extra $18 per day. The pool area is rundown, garbage cans overflowing, and the elavator didn't work. The beach chairs were stained and at least one slat was broken on each chair. The stains on the carpet in Room 222 were very unappealing. I am looking for another place to rent. $200 a night is too much for no service!!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank IndianaKoipond
Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2009

Stayed in South Bldg. Rm. 224 (3rd fl) 11/18-21. All rooms are gulf-front on 2nd & 3rd floors. Balconies in this bldg. are large with table & 4 chairs & overlook the great heated pool. A short distance over the dune & you're on the beach. The only noise we heard from the room was the surf when the balcony doors were open. There is traffic noise, however on the entrance side of the bldg. as the hotel is on the main street of the island.
The room is nicely updated with a well-equipped kitchen. The bathroom isn't large, but is adequate. Has tub/shower & good storage under the sink. As others have said, the set-up with the door is awkward. (You can't be at the sink with the door open). Also, the exhaust fan could have been stronger (didn't clear the mirror after a shower).
The only other negatives I saw were that the shower curtain needed to be replaced (torn at the hangers) & the shade on the standing lamp was covered with mold.
All this said, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again- loved it!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
St. Louis, MO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2009

The hotel is literally right on the beach! That was definitely the best part. We stayed in the south building, and our balcony overlooked the gulf. Nice room, clean & comfortable, didn't really use the kitchenette but it was nice and was stocked with dishes, silverware, pots & pans, etc.

The bathroom was cramped & laid out poorly, the sink was behind the door so you had to come in, close the door, then use the sink. I was also aggrivated by the front desk clerk when I asked if we could check out 1 hour late. Since I only saw 1 or 2 other occupied rooms in the whole place (it was 2 days after Labor Day), I thought it would be a no- brainer. However, she said the room was reserved, someone else was checking in and she couldn't let us stay that one extra hour. I wanted to swim in the gulf more!!! On the other hand, she did help me find directions to a place in St. Petersburg, so I appreciated that little extra help. Overall, I must say it was the best value for a hotel *on* the water. (P.S. Anna Maria has virtually no nightlife this time of year, but we had a great time closing down the Schnitzel Haus with some other German beer lovers.)

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
An Island Getaway at Palm Tree Villas
BridgeWalk a Landmark Resort
BridgeWalk a Landmark Resort
#1 of 12 in Bradenton Beach

Been to Club Bamboo South? Share your experiences!