This was our third stay at the Pelican Post Motel. After a 16 hour drive to get there we knew from the previous two other stays, Suite #2 would be just what we had expected. [We've also stayed in the Cottage and one of the one bedroom units] The Suite was clean with anything you would need during your stay there. The beds really are comfortable. This is truly a Motel where during your stay there, all you need to bring is a swim suit, suntan lotion, and a few outfits to wear to go out to eat or shopping!
There isn't maid service [which we liked!], but clean towels are delivered daily, and if you want or need extra blankets, sheets, pillows, etc... Alastair [the owner] is quick to bring it to you. There is plenty of closet space and chest of drawers. There is a shower outside to rinse off the sand from your return from the beach, along with plenty of outside seating as well as a bar-b-q grill for tenants to use.
The area is close to the beach, pier, shopping and resturants. A small convinence store is just down the street, but a larger grocery store [Publix], drugstore [Walgreens] and other shops are just a few miles down the road.
From our very first stay at the Pelican Post, we felt the area was safe and sat outside most nights well past midnight with our children and grandchildren. This stay wasn't any different! Locals and visitors alike are friendly and quick to wave and speak to you when you're setting outside.
The Pelican Post reminds us of 'old style Florida', so it not the 'fancy-smancy' type of lodging, but it's clean, close to everything, plus the Owner is super friendly and ready to make your stay there a great experience. We don't think you would find a better rate or nicer room anywhere on the Island.
We've loved our stays at the Pelican Post, and plan on staying there again next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pelican Post is just what you need for an easy, relaxed and affordable beach vacation! Just 150 steps from the gorgeous Gulf beach in the charming little town of Bradenton Beach on Anna Maria Island, you'll have a pleasant ground floor studio, apartment, or suite near not only the beach, but the fishing pier, and little shops and restaurants. You can count on a nice, clean, cozy room or apartment, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Pelican Post Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Post Hotel Bradenton Beach
- Pelican Post Bradenton Beach
- Pelican Post Motel Anna Maria Island/Bradenton Beach, FL