Just got back from a long weekend birthday getaway at the Silver Surf. After much research, booked the Silver Surf and was not disappointed. We stayed in a King suite on the second floor in the building facing the Gulf. There is no elevator to get to the floor, but it really wasn't an issue. So we had to climb some stairs, no big deal. The room was decorated like a cottage; beautiful blue walls & white trim, and had beautiful wooden white blinds on the windows. It was more than adequate in space; had a King size wonderfully comfortable bed, a small kitchen area (microwave, small fridge, toaster, and all the dinnerware/glasses/silverware you need; dining table & chairs, a vanity area and bathroom. (Bring paper plates/paper towels if you don't want to do dishes, lol.) A nice flat screen TV is on the wall. They knew it was my birthday weekend...there was a Happy Birthday wine glass with a candle inside and a birthday card waiting for me on the table when we got there. So nice of them! There is a private beach area just across the street for the Silver Surf patrons, and they provide beach umbrellas, beach chairs and even beach towels for you. The beach area is absolutely gorgeous, with a large expanse of white sands and warm waters of the Gulf. A free trolley that will take you the whole 7 miles of the island stops right out front of the resort. There are plenty of places to walk to as well, lots of little gift shops and great places to eat. It was hard to leave here, and we will most definitely go back again...it truly was a little piece of paradise!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For over 30 years, Silver Surf Gulf Beach Resort has been dedicating to providing our guests with a great location and clean, well serviced accommodations. We invite you to stay with us and live on island time for a while. Whether it's a family vacation, couple's getaway, girls' weekend, business trip, or some other occasion, we are the place to stay for great, beachside accommodations on Anna Maria Island. Located on Bradenton Beach, one of the three cities on the island, we feature 50 charming units located just across the street from our own private beach. All rooms come with full amenities, comfy bedding, and complimentary grab and go breakfast each morning. Our family friendly staff will help you find activities on the island to satisfy any island taste! During your stay, sit on your open patio, soak up the sun while you take in the view of beautiful Gulf waters and open sky. Take a dip in the outdoor heated pool or just relax on the beach and read a good book. If you're looking for more action, rent a jet ski, catamaran, paddle board, or kayak on our private beach. We also offer massages on the beach for the ultimate relaxation experience. Book your stay with us today and relax on island time while you enjoy a memorable vacation or getaway for the ages! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your Silver Surf Gulf Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Surf Gulf Beach Hotel Bradenton Beach
- Silver Surf Gulf Beach Resort Anna Maria Island/Bradenton Beach, FL