My husband and I have stayed at the Silver Surf Resort three times now, and in one week it will be our fourth. The staff at Silver Surf, from the desk staff and management to the housekeepers are always pleasant and wonderful. We always have a fabulous time!
The rooms are very clean, but basic. Sure the bathrooms are a little small, but how much time do you really want to spend in the bathroom while on vacation. The mini fridge is perfect for some snacks and drinks. They provide a small amount of silver ware and plate, which is nice. There is a 12 cup coffee pot, which is important to me as I am a major coffee drinker! The suites we stay in have a wonderful little patio where I like to drink coffee in the morning and a cocktail in the evening. The pool is always clean and beautiful! The beach access couldn't be any more convenient!
In comparison to some of the other resorts in the area, the Silver Surf is very reasonably priced and fair. The office has limited hours, yes, but so do most if not all of the resorts on Anna Maria. There used to be no breakfast (which I understand there is now, yay!) but there isn't at most of the other resorts. If you do your research, you will find the location of Silver Surf is perfect on the island, and that it really is one of the best spots!
Just remember as with most things in life, you get what you pay for. Again, Silver Surf is very reasonable for what they provide. You can pay more money for a bigger room, a bigger bathroom, a bigger resort. But my advice is this. You are on vacation. Go outside and enjoy the beach, the pool, go for a walk to Bridge Street and go in the little shops. Stop somewhere and sit outside and have a drink (alcoholic or not). Go parasailing. Go do something and stop worrying about the size of the bathroom!!! We love this place and we love the island!! Can't wait to be back!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For over 30 years, Silver Surf Gulf Beach Resort has been dedicating to providing our guests with a great location and clean, well serviced accommodations. We invite you to stay with us and live on island time for a while. Whether it's a family vacation, couple's getaway, girls' weekend, business trip, or some other occasion, we are the place to stay for great, beachside accommodations on Anna Maria Island. Located on Bradenton Beach, one of the three cities on the island, we feature 50 charming units located just across the street from our own private beach. All rooms come with full amenities, comfy bedding, and complimentary grab and go breakfast each morning. Our family friendly staff will help you find activities on the island to satisfy any island taste! During your stay, sit on your open patio, soak up the sun while you take in the view of beautiful Gulf waters and open sky. Take a dip in the outdoor heated pool or just relax on the beach and read a good book. If you're looking for more action, rent a jet ski, catamaran, paddle board, or kayak on our private beach. We also offer massages on the beach for the ultimate relaxation experience. Book your stay with us today and relax on island time while you enjoy a memorable vacation or getaway for the ages! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Silver Surf Gulf Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Surf Gulf Beach Hotel Bradenton Beach
- Silver Surf Gulf Beach Resort Anna Maria Island/Bradenton Beach, FL