“Water View”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We have been to the Cast and Cage Restaurant on Bridge St. For breakfast and also lunch.
It has been delicious every time. You can sit inside or outside and catch the sun or shade.
You can also watch the dolphins at play. Price is right!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

This was a very nice place and we stopped here with our family to get our kids some treats and also get something to drink. It was very busy and it took forever for us to get our order but we were just happy to get out of the sun. We would certainly go back again but not when it was so hot and not when they were so busy...

1  Thank DonandLisaFromUSA
Reviewed April 14, 2014

This is the new restaurant that went in where Rotten Ralph's used to be. We dined here with friends on a Sat., around 5:30 pm. We were surprised to see that we were the only ones seated inside; there were a few people on the deck. Most of the other restaurants on the island have a 45 min. wait at this time.
Our server was nice, but obviously inexperienced. We ordered coronas for which they had no limes. I ordered a salad, and added grilled shrimp; my husband had fish & chips. The food came out very quickly - perhaps too quickly. My salad was a rather small plate of field greens with a few cucumber slices & cherry tomatoes. There were 4 or 5 small shrimp which while very well cooked, were not worth the extra $6. charge. I had asked for oil & vinegar dressing, and instead of individual cruets, received a very tiny plastic container of a yellow oil with white vinegar mixed into it. My husband does not eat coleslaw, and had asked if perhaps he could have a few more fries instead. When we got the bill, we saw that we had been charged $2.95 for extra fries.
The server seemed overly intent on clearing the table and having the bill paid; we really felt a little rushed (we were still the only ones in the restaurant). We were never offered dessert or anything else. The portions were fairly small, and we actually went home and got a snack (we're not big eaters)!
This is one of the best locations on Anna Maria; the view is incredible. If you do decide to go, I suggest that you do so soon, as I'm afraid they seem to be struggling, and may not be here too long.

1  Thank Pamela P
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Cast n Cage just opened about 4 weeks ago. It use to be Rotten Ralphs. Having never been, I decided to stop in at lunch time for a Burger, Fries and a Beer. $11 w/ tax. as they gave me a 10% discount for being a military Veteran.. Food was excellent, Hot & Fresh. .Service was good.. but the home made hand cut fries were out of this world delicious.. It sits in the middle of a pier on the inter-coastal waterway so the view is awesome.. Will I go Back, you Bet Ya.

1  Thank Tim T
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Rotten Ralf's was an average restaurant on the pier, but had excellent service...they lost their lease on the pier.
There is a new restaurant on the Bridge Street Pier now. Rotten Ralf's was closed and has reopened over on the mainland.
While we have not tried the new restaurant on the pier, I hear good things about it. Being run by retired veterans and are giving a 10% discount to other veterans.
The name of the new restaurant is "Cast N Cage"

1  Thank 335B_a_r_r_y1001