All reviewson anna maria islandacross the streetstaff was extremely welcominggreat seafoodjetted tubfloor roomspur of the momentgas grillwonderful placeseparate bedroomnice poolliving areaaccommodationsvacationbeachchairslandscaping
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We have stayed at Tropic Isle for the last 10years and this was the best vacation ever!!! The rooms have been beautifully updated. The landscaping is breathtaking. The staff is friendly and helpful, But most importantly it is family friendly and quiet!! We brought our 2 yo granddaughter with us and she loved the pool and the beach. Yet as adults we also loved the pool and the beach and sitting outside enjoying a glass of wine. I am almost reluctant to tell others about Tropic Isle, I would rather keep it our special place, When you stay there you will feel the same way!!

Room Tip: every type of room has been updated and are terrific
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2012

The Tropic Isle Inn was the perfect place for my wife and I to stay on a recent 3 night getaway from the kids. The 1BR room we chose (room #1) was kept very clean, had a nice kitchenette (with a refrigerator, microwave, toaster oven, sink, servingware and plenty of kitchen utensils in the cupboards). The bathroom wasn't huge, but was plenty big enough and clean. The bedroom furniture was white wicker, the bed was clean and comfortable and the window air conditioner and two ceiling fans did a good job of moving the air. There were 2 flat screen televisions - one in the bedroom and one on the wall of the common room. We were right outside the pool, which was also clean and pleasant. They offered free beach chairs, umbrellas and a few toys to take to the beach. The beach is just across the street, although we chose to go to a bigger area about a mile north.
Restaurants are in the area and they are nice. There's also a Publix grocery store, Walgreens and CVS within a mile, in addition to a liquor store and a couple of gas stations. A free island shuttle runs up and down the island, although we chose to use our rental car. Parking is right outside the back door of our condo.
It was a very good stay!

Room Tip: They don't have daily cleaning service, only towel service, but we didn't mind.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hansone7
Reviewed April 4, 2012

My wife and I spent 6 nights at the Tropic Isle Inn with our 22-month-old son in March. This was our first visit to AMI and the Inn, and we would definitely visit again. Here are our comments:

Rooms: We rented a first-floor poolside 1BR. We learned that the rooms had been renovated recently, and ours looked great -- granite countertops, tile shower, details like crown mouldings and a pocket door from the kitchenette to the bedroom. The room included all necessary appliances--refrigerator, microwave, toaster oven, coffee maker, and two-burner cooktop. The Inn provided dishes, pots, pans, silverware, and other essentials, like coffee filters. The only real downside to the first floor room was that we could hear every step taken by our upstairs neighbors. If this is likely to bother you, I would recommend reserving a second floor room.

Cost: All told (including taxes and fees), we paid $203 per night. Because the Inn did not have a portable crib for our son (a bit annoying), we had to rent one from a local company -- ABC Rentals, which conveniently delivered it to the room before we arrived. The Inn did provide beach towels, umbrellas, beach chairs, and sand toys free of charge, which was convenient. Parking is included in the room fee, and is located at the back of the building by the rear entrances to the rooms, making it very easy to load and unload.

Pool: The pool area, gazebo, and rest of the grounds are nicely landscaped and well-maintained. We enjoyed lounging by the pool while our son napped each afternoon. Our only complaint was that for the first few days we were there, the pool heater was on, which made the water almost unbearably hot -- like a jacuzzi. But for the last few days of our stay, the pool was a much better temperature (the heater had probably been turned off). Also, there is a lot of road noise by the pool due to the proximity to Gulf Drive. But since nearly all of the hotels in that area seem to be right on Gulf Drive, it’s probably a common problem.

Beach: The Inn is right across Gulf Drive from Bradenton Beach, and a very short (two-minute) walk. The beach is amazing -- white sand, clear water, and calm enough for swimming. However, although it is billed by the Inn as a “private beach,” it is not at all private. The Inn has an overgrown walkway to the beach located about five feet from the public access to the beach. But we did not find the beach to be overly crowded and had no trouble at all finding a good spot for our umbrella.

Overall, we had an outstanding first experience on AMI at the Inn. We hated leaving and would return in a second.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 15, 2012

My 3 sisters and I had the pleasure of being the very first guests to enjoy room #12 at Tropic Isle Inn. We stayed for 11 wonderful nights, and we all had a perfect vacation! This resort has just re-opened and had a complete renovation, everything was fresh and new. Crisp, clean, and just plain lovely... we could even see the gulf and it's glorious sunsets right from our balcony! Tons of "ahhhh" moments!

We loved the fact that we could take the free trolley up to a nice grocery store and get all the goodies we needed for making meals so we could spend most of our time at the resort, swimming in the warm crystal clean pool, lounging or walking on the beach collecting shells. We seen dolphins almost every morning too! The private beach is directly across the road and very quite.

The staff was very accommodating and genuinely friendly, which was a very welcoming touch. We met the owner, David Teitelbaum, as he made his rounds to over-see that everything was running smoothly and making sure we were all having a great time. He also owns 3 other neighboring resorts, but always took the time to chat with us. He suggested that we try out the new french Le Petit cafe at his other resort, Tortuga. We made the fresh croissants a morning must each day - and had take out crepes for lunch that were exceptional.

We will definitely be back again next year for our annual sister vacation... it doesn't get any better than this!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2012

My son and I come to stay at Tropic Isle Inn every year for a week in the summer... June/July and I must say I was in love with this place from the very first time I ever saw it. The owners (Mr. & Mrs. Patrick) have always been so courteous and giving. They connect with their guests and truly make them feel welcome. I love coming here because it's my chance to spend time with my son and have fun :) I can't wait for our trip this coming July!! If you are looking for a clean, quaint, low key place to stay in Anna Maria Island, I would suggest Tropic Isle Inn :) See yall in July :)

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family