“Absolutely WONDERFUL !” 5 of 5 bubbles

Queen's Gate Resort
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Bradenton Beach
“Absolutely WONDERFUL !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

We just had our wedding here yesterday and Kathy was wonderful as was Tommy. It was truly a dream come true, our guests had a wonderful time. The gazebo they added a couple months ago was perfect for us to get married under and as a dance floor ! To Kathy and the staff we can't Thank you all enough for everything. We will be back and thank you again for everything....Dreams do come true !

• Stayed June 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Savannah, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed here over the weekend for 4 days for a friends wedding. We had to stay here since the wedding was on the beach across the street, the reception on-site and my husband was in the wedding party. The The room smelled of mold when we checked in and I had to clean it myself. Hairs in bathroom, dirt on the floors, ick on the bathroom counter. No services offered unless asked for like clean towels, toiletries, etc. The rooms are very basic, the vanity is also the kitchen, with plates, silverware, etc. inside the cabinet with dust, hair and mold. The window curtain fell to the ground as I got out of the shower since its nothing but a shower curtain tension rod instead of a mounted curtain rod. If any of the guest had been walking by, they'd have gotten an eyefull.
Based off other reviews I paid in cash so as not to be charged anything extra without my knowledge. The location is nice as is the grounds, but the rooms are very old, dated and dirty. There were nicer rentals all over the island for the same price. The island is only a few blocks wide so really every rental is within walking distance to the beaches. The bride & groom wanted to come back and stay there again next year, we will be staying elsewhere if that happens.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank TybeeGirl28
, Manager at Queen's Gate Resort, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
I'm stunned by your review. I was on property the entire time this wedding was at Queens Gate and heard nothing but wonderful things from everyone. With me being around, the owner on property and my assistant manager throughout the event, I can't believe you did not say a word to anyone about all of your complaints. I find the curtain comment interesting, because you can't see any showers, curtains or the bathroom for that matter from any other place in the room or outside the room. You have to walk all the way in the room to find the bathroom, so I doubt anyone could have gotten an eye full. In an efficiency, kitchen items and bathroom items are in close proximity due to the size of the room. In trying to provide many amenities, we have only a small area to work with. There are larger rooms that can be rented if desired. Cleanliness is our top priority and I find your review baffling as I check all rooms prior to arrival and certainly would not have allowed your check in if the room was as you say. Here is what the bride wrote to me via email the day after departure:

Hi Kathy, I want to Thank You for making our stay so wonderful! I know we had a large group and I hope we weren't to messy, but you remained so friendly and at ease with our request. I wanted to stay there because I love the cottages, and the pool area, and the proximity to the beach & restaurants, but you, and the weekend manager and the owner helped make our stay even better. It shows that you all love what you do, and I know that in a service business things can get difficult, but it never showed on y'alls face! The whole stay, I had my friends & family coming to me telling me how nice you & the others had been. I can't say enough nice things about you & Queen's Gate! And we had so much fun at the wedding reception...AJ and the DJ were so great! Now it's back to the real world, but hopefully we'll be back for our 1 year anniversary. All of my friends loved that area! ;)
Tampa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

We made a reservation in January for 3 rooms in April for my husband and our 2 married children. All that was told to me by the manager, Kathy, was I needed to give her a credit card for a 50% deposit. It was stated on my confirmation via email 2 days later that my deposit was non-refundable because it was for a holiday weekend. I was never told this verbally on the phone when I made this reservation. I would never have made this reservation if I had been made aware of this policy. As it happened, circumstances arose that kept us from making our trip. I called in February and explained this to the manager but to no avail. Even though I was canceling our reservation 8 weeks prior to our intended arrival, she refused to refund any of our deposit to us. In all of my experience traveling and making reservations with hotels, I've never had management refuse to refund a deposit when given 8 weeks notice. She also threatened to charge my credit card for the full remaining balance. My husband and I both made repeated phone calls to her to resolve this issue. She was rude, non-professional and hung up the phone on my husband. I noticed on another review on this very hotel that charges were made on their credit card without authorization. The continued practice of unauthorized charges made by this hotel are boarderline fraud and I intend to report this practice to the Better Business Bureau. Botton line: Stay away!

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Iris21635
QGR, Manager at Queen's Gate Resort, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
I do apologize that you are so angry with non-refund of your deposit. The reservation was made for a Holiday - Easter. We do not refund any deposits for any Holiday Reservations no matter what the time frame is of cancellation. This policy is clearly written on every reservation confirmation that we send to our guests. When you filed with your credit card company to have the charge removed, It was your credit card company who made the decision to grant the deposit to us after reviewing our confirmations and clearly stated policies for Holiday Reservations. The character references regarding Queens Gate Management were unwarranted and completely unnecessary.
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

Great curb appeal. Office staff very nice. Right across from beach access. Sadly that's where it ends. Had the "best suite" but it was only OK. Amentities lacking and had to ask for toilet paper. No maid service so had to make own bed. None of the usual things (wife's hair dryer etc.) Other family stayed as well. Complained about really thin pillows and also no maid service. Won't go back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank RAShort
Brunswick, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

My husband and I used the on site grill and invited some friends and family over that were staying nearby. When the sun set and the out door lights came on we asked if we could point them in the direction of the grill and the management came out and adjusted the lights themselves. After our guests left a man came by our room to make sure that we did not have any other guests staying over and to make sure we were aware of the hotels policy on the number of guests allowed per room. We explained that our visitors were just that and had their own rooms, and rental homes near by. We come almost every year to vacation with many friends and family and really enjoy this area. Until this point we thought the accommodations were OK, but the audacity of the management to treat us like they did was quite shocking. We only had a short stay of 3 nights and decided we would never visit this hotel again in the future. I wished the story ended there, but in fact it gets worse. After we got back home and checked our credit card statement the hotel charged us several hundred dollars for damages to the light fixture we complained about during our cook out that night. Thank goodness we were using our American Express card and they took the disputed charges off after hearing our side of this story. We were not aware of any damages. The light worked while ate our dinner that evening. I would not recommend this place at all! Stay away!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank Opal D
Belleville, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

Had the best time here. They had so many conviences that we weret expecting (free bicycles, pool and beach toys, beach chairs and towels). We loved staying here and definetely plan on coming back. I ahd my wedding on their beach and it was awesome. Our guests rented the whole place and everyone loved it.

Room Tip: pool side cottages are the way to go