Queen's Gate Resort
Pelican Post(Bradenton Beach)
$165
Tradewinds Beach Resort(Bradenton Beach)
$255
$178
Hotels.com
$180
$171
$135
  • Pool
Tropic Isle Beach Resort(Bradenton Beach)
$194
Anna Maria Island Inn(Bradenton Beach)(Great Value!)
$189
$209
$124
All reviewsacross the streetgrassy areaheated poolmotel style placean updatebeach chairslaundry roombeach with easy accessthe cottagescomplete kitchenfront porchperfect spotbbq grillnice poolnext yearwithin walking distanceanna maria
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Visited Queensgate in June as we have for the past tens years or so, and it is still the best. This small Resort is perfect if you do not want all the Hussle & Bussle of a Major Chain Hotel. The rooms are nicely kept, very clean & they have a few to choose from to accomodate most needs. The manangement staff ( Kathy) is very helpful & will try to do whatever she can to make your stay enjoyable. Private Beach across the street & pool in the backyard, cooling off is not a problem. We have always enjoyed our stay at Queensgate and would reccomend anyone Visiting the Island to give it a try.

p.s To Kathy & Mario, Keep up the good work, love the updates being made!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Ladydys
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We had a family reunion at this place. Our family had 6 rooms total. I'll start off by saying the pool area is very nice and clean and the beach is across the street which is pretty awesome. My room was for the most part clean but I was not impressed with the size of the rooms. Kathy (manager) stated that in room #7 can have up to six guest. This is so not true! The room has one king size bed and one full size bed plus a futon that folds into a bed...not very comfortable especially when you only have one small bathroom. One of my family members room had a horrible smell. A complaint was made and one of the workers came out to inspect where the smell was coming from. He went in the room, came out, stated there was definetley a smell and he assumed it might of been "one of the bedskirts in the room that a dog from a previous stay peed on" he came back in the room and sprayed some air freshener that smelled horrible but never replaced the suppose it bedskirt. I think there was something dead that he found and took out because the smell was gone for the rest of the stay. My other family member had a nice room but the stove, fridge, and coffee maker were all broken. Some of the rooms also smelled like mold. They really need to be updated. The parking was HORRIBLE! you can fit 6 people in one room but only one is able to park next to the room? Makes no sense!

Overall, I think it is way to expensive for the hassle you end up going through if you stay for a long time. If you stay one or two days it is not that bad though depending what room you get.

• Stayed: July 2011
4  Thank Lanenalinda
Reviewed June 2, 2011

We stayed in the 1 bedroom poolside cottage with 4 adults and a teenager. The room was very clean and spacious for sleeping and eating, with a good size kitchen area. The pool was nice and the lawn area well manicured. The property is right across the street from the beach with easy access and where we spent most of our time. You cant miss the sunsets.....If you've never stayed on Anna Maria Island it is definitely a wonderful beach vacation. We went to the Beach House Restaurant (which is walking distance) and had yummy appetizers and drinks-this is also a great place to watch the sunset.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 1, 2011

Stayed 2 nights in #3 (2 double bed room) in April 2011 with my husband and 7 year old son. I loved the short walk to the beach and the usually empty pool. The room was clean and ready upon arrival.

The beach was not crowded and had nice waves. There was an extreme amount of broken shells at the waters edge though. It was a bit painful to walk through this to get to the water. People with sensitive feet might want water shoes. Otherwise a very nice beach.

The pool was kind of small but most of the time it was just us there. We recently moved to SC from the FL and wanted to meet some family at the beach. I asked the manager about this and she was very nice about it and let them park in empty spots and walk to the beach with us. We also went back to the pool and had lunch before they left. Some places are very strict about guests and I did appreciate her allowing them on the property.

Now the cons:
You get one parking space right outside of your room and they are very small and narrow. You cannot hang anything to dry out on your porch for some reason. I would've liked to put a couple beach towels out there. The A/C in the room was either on full blast or nothing. There was no in between. We were either freezing or hot. The bathroom is TINY. The toilet is right against the wall. The manager seemed to have an attitude (rude) on occasion but was nice for the most part. The chairs offered in the laundry room for guests to bring over to the beach were mostly broken and unusable, though we did manage to find one to use. Check out is at 11 am. The morning we wanted to check out around 8:30 and I went to the office to find a note that the manager would return at 10am. (This was printed and obviously used often.) We decided to go to breakfast and waste some time before checking out. We came back at 10am and no one was there. I called the number from the note on the door and was told I could just leave because she was running late. Not too much of a big deal but I had read that there was a tendency to charge people for things without notice from other reviewers and I was concerned this might happen. (It did not) I thought it was kind of odd to have check out at 11am and the manager not even be in the office until well after 10am.

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend room #3
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank crissynmike
Reviewed April 27, 2011

We are from Tampa and wanted to get away with the family for a couple of days. The beaches are beautiful and the water is a clear greenish blue. Walking distance to restaurants and shops. Not far from Publix for grocery needs. We had a two bedroom with a futon, a full kitchen and fridge, and the air conditioner worked great. The pool was clean and quiet and the water was warm. Very relaxing! There are laundry services on site, if needed. They had lawn chairs that we could borrow for the beach, which was a short walk across the street for direct beach access. No problems with parking and the staff was very helpful and friendly. Such a short ride for us to be able to enjoy Florida's bautiful beaches. Will be back again soon!!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family