Seaside Beach Resort
Tradewinds Beach Resort(Bradenton Beach)
$238
$200
Pelican Post(Bradenton Beach)
$165
Great 4.5/5
Queen's Gate Resort(Bradenton Beach)
$225
Very Good 4/5
Island Getaway(Bradenton Beach)
Excellent 5/5
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Tortuga Beach Resort(Bradenton Beach)
Great 4.5/5
Island Time Inn(Bradenton Beach)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewson anna maria islandpersonal decklounge chairsfirst floorsmallest roomthe sliding glass doornext yearsmall kitchenettelove seatlook forward to going backwatching the sunsetromantic getawayfull size fridgesliderssitting areatrolley stopsfree trolley
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 20, 2012

My husband and I traveled across the state of Florida to Anna Maria Island - a place we had never been before. We stayed two nights at Seaside Inn and these are our thoughts: the inn is small, but the location is right on the beach. You literally open your door to a not-so-private patio. You walk out a few steps and you're in the sand and surf. I say not-so-private because you can see your neighbor's patio and they can see yours. There was also a roofing company on the premises while we were there (probably to fix leaks from the heavy rains the night before). Our patio had a yellow plastic caution tape spread across it while the repairs were going on and therefore we were unable to use it for a several hours of the day. The roofers were always walking around our patio to access the stairs to the 2nd floor, so privacy was an issue there. The room was small, but very clean. No AC in the bathroom. The bed was not very comfortable, but that is always a chance you take. We agree with other reviewers that the Seaside Inn is not a resort and probably should drop that from their title, but that is not what we were looking for anyway. However, there is one issue that really spoiled this little trip for us. We inadvertently left two of my husband's nice shirts in the closet, but did not realize that until we got home that afternoon and unpacked. I called Seaside and got a voice recording. I left my message and a return call was made. Teri informed me that any personal belongings left in the units are taken over to Tortuga Inn (a sister property). I gave her the descriptions of the shirts and she said that housekeeping had left for the day, but would check with them the next day. Two days later when I hadn't heard back from Teri, I called again and had to leave another message. I did not receive a call back, but instead I received an email giving me the head housekeeper's phone number at Tortuga to call. Apparently, this was too much work for Teri to handle. When I called the head housekeeper she told me that when personal belongings are found in a unit at Seaside Inn, they are sent to the office at Seaside. Two different stories here. She said she would try to find out what happened to the shirts and call me back. When she called me back a few hours later, I was told that no shirts had been found. So I can only conclude that the Seaside Inn does not employ very helpful and trustworthy people. For the price of the two nights we stayed at Seaside, we expected way more. What a big disappointment! We're pretty sure this wouldn't have ended like this had we been staying in a Marriott.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Debbie A
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We visited in December when the hotel was very quiet. Perfect beachside location, really nice beach chairs, the front desk service was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean, simple and well-appointed. We stayed on the 2nd floor - it is hard to beat waking up, opening the sliding glass door and having a view of the ocean from bed. The beach is beautiful and there are great restaurants on the island that are a short drive away.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2012

My husband and I had not been away alone in 10 years and only to a Gulf beach twice ever, so to plan for celebrating our 10 year anniversary we began to look for our idea of paradise six months in advance. We wanted it to be wonderful and exactly what we wanted because we knew this would happen once and not again for a very long time again. After about a week of researching on the internet, we chose Anna Maria Island. Then came the task of finding a place to stay. Another week of long hours researching the internet for our lodging, we decided on Sea Side. We read every review on Trip Advisor and other websites about all of the lodging on Anna Maria Island before making our decision. Sea Side seemed to offer exactly what we had in our mind as our taste of paradise.
When we arrived on Monday, we were a few hours early but our room was all ready for us, and we were able to get into our room right away. The first thing we did was step out onto our private patio of Gulf Studio #4, and my eyes swelled with tears! I couldn't believe it, it REALLY was PARADISE! When you see advertisements on television or the internet, you always envision the "real thing" as exactly what you see, too often being disappointed when you really arrive to that place. Sea Side is a major exception to that rule. Sea Side is EVERYTHING they advertise it to be! No false advertisement here! The view is breathtaking at all hours of the day, the birds, the sand, the manatees (that YES, floated up to the shallow water near the shoreline as we ate breakfast on our assigned super comfy padded chaise lounge chairs one morning at 7:30 a.m.), the dolphins, everything is perfect! The room was so clean and so cozy for us to celebrate together. The private personal deck with dining table and chairs and the dining table and chairs inside allowed for intimate meals and time to enjoy each other while still enjoying the beach and beauty that was literally five steps from our patio doors until our feet hit the soft, white sand. Seriously, I know the PADDED lounge chairs may not be that big of a priority on your list, but oh my goodness, they were amazing and really put the icing on the cake! My husband either ran or walked up and down the entire island throughout the week in the morning, and I was very careful to pay attention to all of the other beach front lodging. It was proof that we did not go wrong in on decision to stay at Sea Side. to our eyes, it is most definitely the BEST beach front lodging on AMI! All of our neighboring guests were amazing and so very friendly. We will never forget them. Most of all, Teri in the office - how sweet, kind, and helpful she was! I could go on and on and on! I have already recommended Sea Side to many friends. I long for the day we can return! Thank you, Sea Side, for making our first trip away alone in 10 years, and away from our three little girls, for our 10 year anniversary a most wonderful, relaxing, intimate week. I was able to remember so many things little about my husband that I loved but had overlooked in the hectic responsibilities of life over the last many years. Much love to Sea Side!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Stephanie M
Reviewed July 6, 2012

This is my second vacation at Seaside Inn. As I evaluate all the other beachside rentals, I dont think there is another place I would enjoy any more! While it is a small unit, it's proximity to the private, quiet beach makes it all worth it. The patio is perfect for morning coffee and evening cocktails. Get some take - out dinner to enjoy while watching the sunset. The staff and service were great!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This was our first visit to Anna Maria Island, and I searched long and hard for a place that would satisfy all of our needs, settling on the Seaside Inn and Resort. To begin with, our room was IMMACULATE upon arrival. We arrived late on Sunday, so the room was left open for us. Teri was VERY welcoming when we checked in on Monday morning, and she was extremely helpful throughout the week! We were impressed with the mid-week cleaning our room was given, and the fact that the trolley stops right across the street makes it even better. The chaise lounges provided are VERY nice, as are the tables and chairs provided for each room. We loved it and I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Any of the Gulf-front suites are awesome, if you're traveling with 2-3 people. I'd recommend the penthouse if you've got more than 2-3 people.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family