“Island Craperie? "Oh contraire" says Mr Crepe...”
Review of Island Creperie

Island Creperie
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

I usually don't write reviews when a place already has several positive reviews, but this restaurant deserves the praise. I had dinner at the Creperie tonight, and I was pleasantly surprised! My guests and I were one of two tables seated in the empty dining area, so we were a little worried. Also, with the bathrooms awkwardly around back, we thought that our evening's selection was misguided. However, we were really surprised by the service and food! Maybe this is Bradenton Beach's best kept secret (pensive self-reflection as I debate whether to continue the review).

We started with the wines. The selection is meh, but the heavy pour made up for the lack of exciting choices. The salad was nice, but the honey mustard-like dressing seemed out of place (unless frenchies eat that...). The dinner was great! Again, the selection was meh, but the flavors were fantastic! They seemed unique and cultured. The dishes had European feels. I had the Chicken Normandy, and my guests had the beef something and the pork something. All around, we cleaned our plates (which could have been due to the European, or small, portion sizes). The desert was a wow. Really a wow wow wow. Magnifique. After pairing the salad, entrée, and huge desert, I left full.

The restaurant served as a transporter to a bistro across the pond (Europe). Definitely far from the usual island cuisine, but well worth a visit. Bon appetit!

1  Thank Thganey
There are newer reviews for Island Creperie

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Always know what you will get here. Limited, unchanging menu based on crepes, always good, and with excellent French wines. Lovely device, charming small restaurant with quiet and friendly ambience. We return often.

1  Thank JacynthP
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Fabulous and fun! We had breakfast there yesterday, 10/10/12. Newly renovated. Fresh but friendly. I had the Big French Breakfast consisting of a croissant, two crepe filled with strawberry preserves (some of the best I have had anywhere) and a thick slice of very tasty french toast. My wife had a buckwheat crepe with eggs, cheese and bacon inside. We both agreed they were wonderful. The coffee was great. That's always important to us when we go out to breakfast. Finally, but not last, there is Gwen. She epitomizes great service. What a wonderful waitperson! Treated us like we were old customers. It was our first visit. When she found out, she made sure we knew that they wanted us back soon and often. She gave my wife a carryout cup of coffee and made sure we knew about a wine tasting with meal that was coming up next week. I feel like I've been going there for years.

2  Thank Wallylarry
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Great food and friendly service. Alot of good memories there. Wish I lived closer so I could go there more often. But its always on the list when I visit.

1  Thank Michael B
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This restaurant remains consistantly good, the menu hasn't really changed for a number of years, but i look forward each year to having the set menu, which at around $22 is very good value. Also, the crepes are delicious with coffee for a mid morning indulgence!

1  Thank Rwillcardiff