“WATCH YOUR BILL!”

Bradenton, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“WATCH YOUR BILL!”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

WATCH YOUR BILL! They like to double charge on your catering events. We paid for non-alcoholic beverages for our guest and then they also charged my guest as well. This is the most unorganized venue I have ever seen. Nothing was as they said it was going to be. I was told everything was going to be ready for me to decorate and there was still dirty dishes out from the night before. I had to pull my family in to do all the set up of the event. There were bar guest sitting in the area of my ceremony that were drunk and laughing during the ceremony. The music from the bar was so loud that the guest sitting in the back row could not here the vows and we were even wired by a microphone. It was so dark that no guest could see during the cake cutting or to even sign my guest book and I repeatedly asked if lighting was going to be an issue. I had to request for the bread to be brought out to the tables and even then half of the tables didn't get bread. Food was served and taken away quicker than the people could eat and request seconds. Tell your guest not to get up and enjoy the activities of your event because the wait staff will pick up anything left on the tables, whether it is food they are eating or a freshly bought drinks. And your drinks aren't cheap. Watch your cake also as they like to serve it to their kitchen staff as trays of my cake disappeared. Keep record of every conversation you have with them as they like to say higher prices then you were quoted as well as add on extras then wait till the last minute to give you a bill so you have no choice but to pay it then you can forget about arguing with them to get your money back cause they don't even have the respect or decency to return complaint emails. This place may have a beautiful view but very unorganized, unprofessional and greedy.

1 Thank Gina D

• Czech first
“Fish Tacos should be Re-named "Bait Tacos"”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I are locals and regularly visit Bradenton Beach. We ate dinner here tonight and we both noticed how little fish were actual in our fish tacos. It felt like a cheese quesadilla sprinkled with a few slivers of fish. Our so called "tacos" were about half full with all toppings included. To add to our experience, our waiter took 10-15 minutes to show up at our table and another 10-15 minutes passed when my wife reminded him we had been there quite a while and still didn't have our drinks. I ordered a wine that showed up halfway through our meal.To top it off he made sure to let us know they only took Visa/Master Card. I personally will never come back and would strongly encourage anyone reading this to take your business somewhere else where it will certainly be more appreciated.

2 Thank Donald R
Bradenton, Florida, United States
“Beachfront Breakfast”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

There aren't many places where you can sit right at the beach and enjoy a good meal but this is one. We visited Gulf Drive Cafe for brunch on Friday and weren't anticipating a wait on a weekday but this is a popular spot. We waited about 20 minutes and sat at a table on the outdoor patio just steps from the beach. We were promptly greeted by our waiter who let us know the kitchen was a little backed up as they were extremely busy. We didn't mind the wait as it was a beautiful day and the scenery couldn't be more relaxing. It really wasn't that long before our food arrived. We all ordered breakfast which they serve all day and were happy with the quality and portions served. We had great service and didn't feel rushed. All in all a great dining experience!

montreal
“Did not get past the hostess !”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We came for lunch and positioned ourselves in front of the 2 hostesses when our turn came. They simply ignored us for several minutes. We asked for an outside table and we did not mind the sun. They stated that once we were seated in the sun, there was "no turning back" and would have to stay seated there.
Feeling that customer service was not their modus operandum, we decided that this establishment could do without our presence.

1 Thank thecycler
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great location with a large menu that fits your schedule.”
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

A great place to view the beach while you enjoy a good meal. Gulf Drive Cafe has a huge menu that will please anyone, anytime of the day.

• Visited February 2014