“Lost it's Cozy”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Mont Tremblant, Canada
“Lost it's Cozy”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Too bad. Used to love the place but pretty disappointing today. My lunch was cold, it took an awfully long time and the atmosphere was pretty disjointed. Lovely view.. Guess the bar is really the main thing now.

1 Thank Yourtremblant

• Czech first
Bradenton, Florida
“Slow but good.”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

My mom and I stopped in for lunch and sat outside.It was very casual with a guy doing reggae and steel drums,the service was quite slow but the bbq sandwich was to die for,a nice bun piled high with in my opinion was the best beef bbq I've had in a very long time and I've tried a lot of them.Can't beat the view and can walk right down on the beach while your waiting if you wish.All this said I would come back again if for nothing else an amazing bbq sandwich.

1 Thank Daddyo427
The Villages, Florida
“Beautiful view, Terrible service”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

You ever get that feeling of creeping determinism, when little things begin to go wrong and all of a sudden you're in the middle of a terrible experience? Well, our first tip was the lack of menus at 12:45pm, when we entered. What, no menus for the late lunch crowd, yet there were plenty of seats avaiable? Then the chaos of who was waiting what table (there were about 10 outside and 10 inside) - not a big dining area. IT took 15 minutes to get a glass of water, yet still no menu. Another 15 minutes and three inquiries to finally get a "take out" menu. With the added note to ignor the breakfast section and the prices. What? I figured the Lunch Special of Grouper Bites would be easy enough to produce in a timely manner. Wrong. Seems they ran out of fries. Or that's what we heard another waitress tell the adjacent table. 30 minutes later the order came (with fries) and it was disappointing to say the least. Far more breading than grouper.
I will say, the view from the outside dining area is grand. I noticed that even the sea gulls and other birds didn't come close to the table. That should have been another clue to stay away.
Never going back, better to get a sub sandwich at a popular chain and eat it at a public beach!

2 Thank Ron O
Potsdam, Ohio, United States
“Good place to visit!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Used to be a small place with great breakfasts. Now really big, still have good food, but seems to mainly be a bar. Live music most nights, people are friendly. Right on the beach, close to most anything in Bradenton Beach. We stayed across the street at Queen's Gate Resort, so really handy to get food to go as well. I don't drink, but my son said they had a good beer selection. I went there to meet a friend and sat in the bar and everyone seemed to be having a great time and the music was good. I had a french onion soup and enjoyed that. I would advise anyone in teh area to stop in and give it a try!

West Sussex, England.
“Refurbishment has helped”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My husband and I stopped going to the Gulf Drive Cafe serveral trips back, due to the drop in standards of food and service.

When we arrived this trip we saw that renovations had taken place and liked the look of the new Tikki Bar, so we went down one evening when a reggae band were playing, who were very good and gave a great carribbean atmosphere to the place. We sat at the bar listening to the band and having cocktails. We ordered from the bar menu and enjoyed the food.

A great place to watch the sunset too. Good luck to you - hope the improvements bring in the customers.

• Visited September 2013