“OMA'S - OMG”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Move over ALL Italian Restaurants. I LOVED Oma's on Brandenton Beach right across from the Beach House on Gulf Dr. Our first visit was almost a year ago. The Beach House was full so we went across the street to a little Italian restaurant, sat in a booth and had our 1st meals. OMG. There maybe all lf 12 booths plus they have some outside tables. So, my husband & I took my cousins to try it again to see if the 1st time was a fluke. NO, it was a great as ever. The staff is really friendly and couteous and attentive. We went around 2:30 and there weren't many people there. Looked at the menu and I saw Baked Ziti. I asked if they would do spaghetti instead and yes, they did. ($12.75) My husband had lasagna (13.50). My cousin got the Baked Ziti and her husband got a Roast Beef Parm w/peppers, onions and cheese. (8.50 + ,75 for the peppers&onions) this is a foot long ya'll. With the dinners you also get a salad, however you want it. My cousin's husband got the salad w/out the lettuce (it was the wy the waitress liked hers which please him to a T) The salad was fresh, lettuce, onion, tomato and cucumbers. The meat sauce has a sweet tomato flavor with a good portion of meat, (don't need the meatballs w/this) All the portions were large. We all took half of the food home with us. It was just as good the 2nd time around too. The bread they serve w/the meals is great. A nice crunch on the outside and soft inside without having to pull to get a bite. Honest folks, this place is a jewel. I wish they had one on our end of Bradenton near Lakewood Ranch....are you reading this guys...open one near Lakewood Ranch! By the way, they do deliver over all of Anna Maria Island and they are open till Midnight everyday.

1  Thank BJ G
Write a ReviewReviews (1,008)

Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

We ordered three pizzas to go at Oma's, a Sicilian, Hawaiian, and pepperoni, sausage, and bacon. The pizzas were ready in 20 minutes and smelled amazing as we walked back to our place. The crust was thick and fluffy and perfectly crisped on the outside. There wasn't too much tomato sauce and the toppings were perfectly balanced. The flavors were great and the pizza was enjoyed by all! A great Saturday afternoon lunch.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

There is much better (and more reasonably priced) Italian and Pizza in the Anna Maria / Bradenton area. Our pizza and the other dishes were adequate, but not memorable and
certainly not worth the price. As other reviewers have stated, taking an automobile there is by definition a hassle!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

We thought we would try local pizza rather than chain while on Anna Maria. My recommendation is go somewhere else for take out. Canned mushrooms are disgusting, the pizza was bland and tasteless.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Had the linguine with clams..wonderful..Pizza was very filling and so close to NY style. Prices were wonderful. Full menu to choose from