“sit outside and watch the sunset”

Beach House Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The newly renovated Beach House Restaurant is a world class location situated directly on the beach with indoor and outdoor dining and sweeping views of the Gulf of Mexico. Dine with your toes in the sand on fresh Florida seafood and a variety of menu items made with just picked produce from our own farm and fresh from the gulf seafood as well as sustainable seafood from around the world. Live music nightly, a full bar and beautiful sunsets make this a must do spot to visit during your vacation and for locals to visit regularly.
Alexandria, Virginia
“sit outside and watch the sunset”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

No bugs,birds or bad service. Allison was very busy but the four of us were served and not abandoned the whole time we were there.The drinks were cold the apps came quick evryone enjoyed their food although I wish my swordfish was a little thicker.They say the fish down there are not as large as the the ones from the northeast.The manager/owner? stopped by and said howdy which is always nice.The home made Key Lime pie was really good and not not gritty! If you dont know what I mean I feel bad for your palate.

Wethersfield, Connecticut
“Great food, service and views”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We asked for a table on a busy Thursday night on the sand. The wait was around 30 minutes but we received an excellent table. To start with we had the clam chowder. It was excellent. Lots of clams and very good taste. The stuffed flounder and soft shell crabs also were very good. Our waiter Ryan did a very good job even though the place was hopping. The outdoor dining also featured a local singer that added to the nice evening. We will cetainly return.

Mount Dora, Florida
“Keep driving!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Great location but pass on the food. My husband ordered his burger "medium". It took forever and was raw when it arrived. Our other meal was off the "specials", a steak sandwich that tasted "off". Fries were tasteless. The waiter didn't seem to notice ( or didn't care) that both of our plates were barely touched, never bothered to ask how we liked our food.

2 Thank Foodie31
becky200, General Manager at Beach House Restaurant, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to reivew the Beachhouse. I am so very sorry for letting you down during your last visit. It is very rewarding to read the positive reviews although more important to here when we let our guests down. The chef and I will review your comments as we take them very seriously. I will send you a personal note as well .

Rebecca Shannon
Beachhouse Restaurant
rshannon@chilesgroup.com
Bradenton, Florida, United States
“Worst Service I've Ever Experienced”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This place is all about the view and pandering to tourist's money. We're year round locals and there are too many better places to go for a good meal.

5 years after having a horrendous experience with a server who actually yelled at me when I indicated that I’d never received my salad after the others at our table were served, this past weekend my husband and I decided to give the Beach House another try. A 30 minute wait for a Saturday night wasn’t bad, but we opted to eat at the bar where the view of the Gulf is best. There were plenty of empty seats, and what appeared to be plenty of bartenders, but apparently my husband and I were invisible.

We must have waited for 20 minutes before being acknowledged by one of the 4 servers behind the counter. Upon receiving one domestic beer and one house wine, our bartender asked us for the $11 (double the price elsewhere). We explained we wanted to order food, so he tossed us some menus and then we disappeared from his view again.

I went to use the restroom, and saw no less than 3 servers standing in this back corner texting on their phones. After waving a $20 bill at the bartender for another 30 minutes to no avail, we gave up and left. We spent our money at a restaurant a few yards down the street, where we were promptly and courteously served an excellent meal and a lovely bottle of wine even though they were just as busy.

I can’t speak about the food at the Beach House, having never successfully gotten any, but the service here is by far the worst I’ve ever experienced. I will not give them a third chance.

1 Thank Diana R
Thank you for your recent review and visit at the Beachhouse. We appreciate you letting us know about your dining experience. Your feedback is critical to our success. I won’t offer any excuses for missing you in the bar the night of your visit. My sincere apology is the only thing I can offer at this point. Our commitment to Hospitality will never waiver, unfortunately we certainly missed the boat for your visit. You have my promise that I will look at the issues outlined in your review and share with the staff as well as management. I will send you a personal note as well.

Rebecca Shannon
rshannon@chilesgroup.com
Orlando, Florida
“Great place right on beach.”
Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

Great place on beach. Great service, awesome view on the water. Grouper tacos were a hit. The tabbouleh salad was also good.