“Pan Fried grouper, what a delight!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Maria's Family Place - CLOSED

Maria's Family Place
Cuisines: American, Greek
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a family friendly environment serving home-cooked meals, using fresh poultry, seafood and USDA choice meats that are cut daily
Derby
“Pan Fried grouper, what a delight!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2008

My husband and I went to The Gathering Place in November, as we were staying just down the road, and the restaurant had been recommended by a lady and her husband staying at our resort, the pan fried grouper being one of their favourites.

The place is small but very welcoming and family run, and the service was excellent. I had the pan fried grouper, and my husband had the baby back ribs. My grouper was just perfect, and lightly fried, and huge, I could hardly finish it and my husband was unable to help as he was full too!!
I would definitley go there again, we are back on the island in March and will be taking our friends there, and my husband will have the pan fried grouper!
The restaurant does close at 8, so be sure to go early!!
Sally

1 Thank Derbylady_8

Cannes
“The Best Restaurant on the Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2008

This is the best food on the beach. A small family owned restaurant. Giant hamburgers, huge BLT sandwich, chickin stir fry to die for, fresh seafood, The owners are so very nice and helpul. Wait staff is superb. You can buy fresh bread from them. The loaves are huge. We only ate lunch, but they have breakfast to dinner. Closed Mondays. Right across the street from the beach and next to the Green Turtle Gift Shop. Portions so large you take half home with you. Can't wait to eat there again. We were there on a Sunday afternoon. Well worth the drive from Sarasota to eat. You will not be disapointed. I will post another review the next time I eat there.

3 Thank PicassoPaints