“Hope they are still open”
Review of Maria's Family Place - CLOSED

Maria's Family Place
Cuisines: American, Greek
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a family friendly environment serving home-cooked meals, using fresh poultry, seafood and USDA choice meats that are cut daily
Tampa, Florida
“Hope they are still open”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

What a great family restaurant. We went for breakfast and the food was like the way my Grandma cooked on Christmas morning... delicious and memorable, the staff was so friendly we wanted them to sit down and eat with us. We are concerned that because they don't look touristy like so many other places that they will be overlooked...but that would be a mistake, it is a can't miss next time we visit there. Also, price wise...definitely the best deal around this area.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Toni O

“no better breakfast in town”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

what a wonderful placethe food is outstanding breakfast and lunch Maria is there to ensure that you have a wonderful meal Georgie will cook you anything you want Cindy will be there to wait on you hand and foot to ensure that you have everything you need for a wonderful breakfast do not pass this place by the prices are great and the food is excellent keep small businesses in business this is not just a business for this restaurant this is their livelihood they ensure you have the best experience possible everytime you go there

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Phillip B
Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
“A great place for breakfast”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

We've stopped here a couple of times and will go back. It's a nice family run place and they crank out the meals in the morning. I wasn't that crazy about the hash brown casserole. It sounded better on the menu than it was (kind of heavy and not as flavorful as I thought it would be). But everything else is right on. Friendly staff and that always makes a visit more pleasant. Great place to take the family.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Toby M
Merritt Island, Florida
“Great place for Breakfast”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

The service was fast and friendly. The order was correct nothing was forgotten. The wait staff allowed you to enjoy you meal without bugging you every minute. When you ready to leave the check comes and off to the beach you go.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank 33beachlover
Orlando, Florida
“HUGE disappointment!”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I was very shocked and disappointed with our experience at this restaurant, especially after reading all of the great reviews here.

We were very excited to go to Maria’s on Sunday, June 15, for our anniversary brunch, as we were visiting the Island to celebrate. We walked in the entrance, and were greeted by a lady with long dark hair. She asked us how many in our party. I replied 2. She then told us, in a very brash tone, that it would be a 30 to 40 minute wait. The party in front of us turned around and left. I, however, being curious, asked her where all the people were waiting, because with that kind of wait, I would expect to see a waiting room full of people! I also noticed FOUR empty tables in the dining room and the fourth was at that moment being cleaned off as we stood there!
She then got very huffy with me and pointed to their kitchen and said the kitchen is very backed up, and pointed out all of the slips on their board. VERY unprofessional and uncalled for in my opinion. I do not CARE about their board, and would have been more than HAPPY to wait as long as we could BE SEATED. I told her this, but instead of seating us she started telling us about “a party of 20” that created the backup. At that point, We told her to PLEASE BY ALL MEANS take care of the party of 20 and we would go down the street to our usual breakfast place. Which we did, since we frequent that restaurant quite a bit. We ONLY wanted to try something different. There was no call for all of the rudeness. Especially with one empty table outside and four on the inside. We had another great experience at the other restaurant which I also have reviewed on here.

So, Maria’s, you lost a customer that most likely over the course of the summer would have spent hundreds at your restaurant. And now, that I am warning folks on here, probably more.
I would like to think this was just a bad day and we caught them at a bad time. If there were dozens of people waiting, I would have understood this. But, we were the ONLY people waiting for a table. And now, I am hesitant to ever try again after this bad experience. Why would I waste my time?

Tip: Be sure to ask them how “full their board is” when you enter this establishment. If they say full and the kitchen is “backed up” then run for the hills. Or the ocean, in this case!

• Visited June 2014
6 Thank TracyNCliff
Irene H, Owner at Maria's Family Place, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
I am very sorry that YOU felt we were being unprofessional. You had also said that you did not care about our board... You need a guest check to eat which go on OUR BOARD... Therefore you don't care if you eat or not... :) have a nice day!!!