“Breakfast”

Maria's Family Place
Cuisines: American, Greek
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a family friendly environment serving home-cooked meals, using fresh poultry, seafood and USDA choice meats that are cut daily
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We had breakfast here the other morning. We sat outside looking at the water. I ordered the basic breakfast for $6 you could have eggs bacon, sausage or ham and choice of grits, home fries, or potato casserole or fruit with toast or biscuit I got the bacon , grits and ww toast . My husband got the sausage and hash brown casserole. We were both pleased. The toast was made with really good dense wholegrain. The hash brown casserole was like the one served at Cracker Barrel nice and cheesy. The service was good. I did see that you could have Mimosas or Bloody Marys too although we didn't. A nice solid breakfast in a good setting. we will return.

1  Thank webfeet

Reviewed November 9, 2013

My husband and I ate breakfast here, and it was delicious!! I had the french toast with coconut and pecans, and have to say it was some of the best french toast I have ever eaten. The staff is super friendly and even though the beach is on the other side of the road, it still relaxing to sit in their outdoor area. Would go back in a heartbeat.

Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

I visited this restaurant when it was the gathering place before it became MARIAS FAMILY PLACE. I have been to Maria's a few times now is the 4th time I can assure you that the gathering place and Maria's family place to NO CONNECTION between the two and I don't understand the people writing negative reviews for Maria's place maybe they are confused. Ever since June 14 2012 it has became Maria's family place I propose all the negative review people back to meet the new owners (Maria,George and Irene) and try it out I promise you won't be diss appointed In any way which is welcoming by Irene, Maria or George. The chefs cooking and he's homemade recipes they are out of this world!!!! As far as Maria and Irene they wouldn't be any better for any dinning room to welcome you and talk you. I more than highly recommend it for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I have been enjoying Maria's Family restaurant since its opening. I must start by saying is that its EXCELLENT food! Not only is the food the homeade, made from scratch food like I grew up with, the warm & friendly enviroment makes it THAT much enjoyable! Maria makes it a habit to personally visit each table & asks for feedback from the customer. The lead server Cindy is very friendly & proffessional & goes above & beyond great service! Even when the restaurant is the busiest I have always received the highest service & quality tasting great food! I highly recommend this great restaurant to those living local or just enjoying their beautiful Gulf of Mexico vacation! I just cant say enough great things about this wonderful restaurant!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We always come to Maria's while on the islands and enjoyed it more THIS year than ever before. The food was delicious, the staff was wonderful, and we came back a second time for lunch (our first time was for breakfast!). The restaurant is easy to miss after coming across the bridge from Cortez - just turn right onto Gulf Drive and it's on the same side as the "Green Turtle Gift Shop." (You'll also get a free gift at the Green Turtle after eating at Maria's - an added bonus!)