My husband and I just returned from a 3 night stay at the BridgeWalk Resort on Anna Maria Island. Here are a few pros, cons, and tips for folks to consider before booking:
Location - the hotel is located just over the bridge and directly across from the beach.
Rooms - the rooms were quite large with a full kitchen, spacious bathroom, and plenty of room to hang out (both in the room and in the balcony). It was a good space for families. Tip: Stop at the supermarket/cvs/walgreens before crossing over the bridge and stock the fridge - we found quick breakfast and lunch options limited on the island (besides pizza!)
Bathroom: We had a large tub and a large shower - which worked out well for washing off sand. Note: We were unable to fill the whole tub with hot water (HW ran out and tub was half full - disappointing given the jacuzzi jets!)
Restaurants: The hotel is attached to a (better than expected) bar and restaurant. We didn't have the same issues with noise that folks referenced in earlier posts - the noise cut off around 10pm (and it was a busy, holiday weekend).
Breakfast: It just wasn't good. We'd suggest grabbing some fruit or breakfast items and keeping them in the fridge in your room.
Service: The staff was very friendly - very nice - but incredibly unhelpful. They asked the right questions and smiled, but situations weren't remedied and we didn't feel that the staff went above and beyond. We did appreciate the instructions for late check-in in terms of how to use the lock box and where it was located.
Pool: It was very (very) small - it's not an alternative to the beach in that it only seats about 5-6 people and only a few folks can be in the pool at the same time. It was fully shaded and not really a place to sit in the sun.
At the end of the day, this felt like a B&B rather than a 'resort'. However, the TV's have been upgraded to flat screens (re earlier posts) and the noise situation was not a problem for us.
Stock fridge before crossing bridge
Bring your own beach towels (if you want oversized - the towels provided are small bath towels)
Get a murphy bed room - allows for extra space
Don't expect to park in lot after check out - will make you move car (and spaces are first come, first serve on the island).
Bring bug spray - porch and restaurant was full of mosquitos at night
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BridgeWalk in Bradenton Beach, FL is a great location with Key West style accommodations. We invite you to escape and learn to live on island time. A majority of the rooms at Bridgewalk are over 800 square feet not including the very large screened verandah. All of the rooms have tile floors and granite counter tops and nearly all the rooms at Bridgewalk have Jacuzzi tubs. Property amenities include a heated outdoor pool, complimentary beach towels, chairs and umbrellas, continental breakfast each morning, a restaurant/island bar and a spa on the property, as well as several retail stores. Don't worry about doing your dishes; you will receive daily maid service with a smile. We love our guests and treat them as a guest in our home. For those who are in need, Bridgewalk does offer handicap accessible rooms and Wi-Fi is available at the Bridgewalk property. We also provide a FREE Island Trolley that runs from early morning until late at night. Bridgewalk is located on Bridge Street in the historic district of Bradenton Beach, one of the three cities on Anna Maria Island. Spend your day exploring Anna Maria Island and immerse yourself in our eclectic city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your BridgeWalk a Landmark Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bridgewalk, a Landmark Resort Hotel Bradenton Beach
- BridgeWalk a Landmark Resort Anna Maria Island/Bradenton Beach, FL