“Awesome authentic Indian food!”
Review of The Island Spice - MOVED

The Island Spice
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Authentic Indian Cuisine
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Our first visit was a smashing success! Our whole family loved everything we tried. Our first experience with Dosa...a HUGE light crepe with two different dipping sauces. We also ordered the samosas...the best we have ever tried anywhere! We shared four different entrees: Chicken vindaloo, butter chicken, chicken tikka masala and shrimp Goan curry and they were all delicious. The restaurant was immaculate, the service was meticulous, the whole experience was great. We will definitely be back.

There are newer reviews for The Island Spice

Reviewed December 31, 2012

The was my first time having Indian food and it was wonderful. My two teenage daughters had talked about eating here the whole week of our vacation. We finally did and was very pleased. You can order your food mild, medium or spicy. We all went the medium taste and were delighted. Just enough to make your nose run and need water on hand. They were out of lamb (they were quite busy) so we had chicken curry, chicken vindaloo (quite spicy, very good) coconut curry mussels, shrimp and grits. We were all satisfied with the portion size and taste. Next time I would try the wonderful looking potato crepes.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

This was recommended on the forum. We had never been to an Indian restaurant (although we ate at the Hard Rock Casino snack bar in Tampa, but that's not real Indian food). We went here for a midnight snack, not exactly at midnight, but after our regular dinner. It was good food. The prices were right too. We had chicken. It was a spicey and tastey snack. We expected there to be at least some wild buffalo or deer or goose. Instead there were odd things on the menu with odd sounding names. Still it was good food and worth the visit. We will be back!

1  Thank Charleskerr
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I ordered the lunch buffet to take away when got home was so disapointed by the size it look to me like a childs(very small child) portion the rice portion was a few spoonfulls and the chicken had 2 small pieces so check it before you leave although the taste was good.My friend who was with me agreed he ordered the same

Reviewed October 23, 2012

The staff were very friendly, and the place is clean and tidy, but the food was a little bit confusing. I've eaten in many, many Indian restaurants, including in India, and I like to think I'm at home with the whole idea of Indian food. However, Onion Pakora has never in my experience come as a basket of deep fried onion flakes. This made for an extremely greasy and yet dry starter. The main course of Mutter Paneer was okay, but nothing special. There was no nan bread available when we visited, which was a little strange as well.
The menu itself is laid out in a slightly confusing manner and my girlfriend ended up ordering two main courses rather than a starter, although the Dosa dish she had was quite interesting.